Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern Interview Questions

2.5

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The first interview was very standard. What are your strengths/weaknesses? When have you had to overcome adversity? Pretty straight forward questions. My interviewer was very friendly and relaxed. She was mainly interested in my ability to articulate thoughts clearly and demonstrate some level of personal determination. She gave me an "assignment" where I had to contact a number of people and interview them on their experiences with financial services. After that, I had a second interview which was pretty much designed to iron out the details. All in all, it was a pretty straight forward process. The people were nice and helpful. Nothing to stressful.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected or unusual. I think my interviewer may have asked me what kind of animal I would be, but that was mainly to see if I could think spontaneously. There was no right or wrong answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward, after submitting an online application I was notified of my application having been received. I was contacted within a week through e-mail by a college recruiter who asked some general questions. Following the string of e-mails I was asked for a phone interview where my morals and ethics were the focus, the recruited asking the questions was engaging and inquisitive regarding every aspect of my answers. The final step of the interview was a presentation to the college recruited on a market analysis of potential clients for financial services.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for a specific instance of anyone I knew who had an experience with a financial representative and how it went.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was an intern, there was no negotiation. Strictly commission based with a weekly stipend upon receiving state license number.

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2013.

Interview

Total of three interviews. The first two are very behavioral. "Tell me about a time when...". Very friendly people and environment that felt more like a conversation than an interview. The third one is a presentation. As an interviewee, you are given some homework after the second interview, and you report your findings in the third.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure? How did you overcome it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself (personally, professionally, and financially) in ten years?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I had three interviews at Northwestern Mutual... they weren't the most formal interview I've ever had because mainly what they are looking for is a confident individual who acts professionally and is self-motivated.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was how open their questions were and how casual it was. They want you to be comfortable leading a conversation because you meet with clients regularly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI).

Interview

Submitted my resume and received a phone call to schedule an in person interview within the week. Set up an in person interview for the following week, went in for the interview, went well, haven't heard back from NWM yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was asked to come to one of their regional branches in order for an information session. Not much was given about the actual internship so I went. Ended up being in a conference room for about an hour listening to what life insurance actually is and how they develop you into a salesman. At the end, you were brought into a room for an individual interview for roughly five minutes. They asked basic behavioral questions and then informed me that I would be contacted about the next interview (they said this was the first of three). I was given homework to complete which included a brief PowerPoint about the virtues of the company and why I would succeed. I left fairly disappointed because the entire premise of their sales internship was this: you would come up with a list of names of people who would be interested in life insurance. This basically came to a huge list of names of your closest friends and family. They said that this core group would be your first list of possible clients and that you would ask each one of them for referrals. So you were to try to sell life insurance to your closest friends and relatives and then badger them again for more clients. I understand they say this is a Top-Ten internship, but both my friend and I who applied together were not buying it.

Interview Questions

• There were not many questions, everything was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2012.

Interview

There are about three interviews with three different people that span over a month. The first interview is pretty laid back. The second interview is more intense. You will have to take a Harrison Assessment test before the third interview that tests how likely the job is a good fit for you. Once you pass all three interviews you take a test to get an insurance license. Then after training and a couple other things, you are all set.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest mistake you've ever made.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

met a recruiter, applied online. Was contacted that week for an initial interview. Was required to fill out 10 market surveys from people in my network and gave a 5 minute presentation on why I was good for the job.

I haven't decided yet.

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (West Hartford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, creating a survey and presentation, and personality test

Interview Questions

• Surveying 10 people on their experiences with financial services   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate