Find jobs for Financial Representative Internship

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Internship Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter13%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Great people to interview with. Very easy going. If you match their qualifications and they feel you are a good fit on instinct, they will advertise themselves to you instead of the other way around. Starts with a phone call to set up another phone interview. Next is an in person interview. After that, you will do some surveys for them and have some zoom meetings. If they like what they see, they will offer you.

Interview Questions
  • What are your long term goals? What are your best qualities? Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Northwestern Mutual?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2021

Interview

There is a first individual interview, and then a group call to conduct an overview of the job. Then they assign you a market research project where you contact 10 people in your network circle and ask them if they know NW and if they are interested into buying insurance for you. This job basically takes advantage of your network and you will sell insurance to your friends. Not fun.

Interview Questions
  • Hey, can we use your network for you to selling our insurance and financial products?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Nov 2020

Interview

Pretty straightforward for an internship. Very friendly and professional. Mostly questions about personality and not many technical questions. Had 3 separate interviews with 3 different people. I was able to ask lots of questions.

Interview Questions
  • 1.What makes you stand out compared to other people applying for the internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview was fairly simple and involved no technical questions but rather the typical personality/ what are your goals questions. Overall, it seemed more like a conversation where they were trying to get you to work for them rather than you trying to impress them as you come to realize that the internship is moreso related to sales despite the job title.

Interview Questions
  • What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Interview was a basic behavioral screening. Overall positive experience, decided against internship because of personal reasons.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Basic interview questions like explain strengths and weaknesses. Also explain a time where you had to be a leader. And the mostly just going through the packet and learning about the company. It was a pretty easy interview to say the least?

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the investment side of Northwestern Mutual?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

Hiring process was delightful, great interviews, recruiter was friendly outgoing and very down to earth, however they do not exactly paint a clear picture of the type of work that you will be doing. I discovered what it entailed through research online and friends. I acknowledged and questioned what I had heard and they continued to insist that there were no cold calls, however the requirements were VERY similar to a pyramid scheme in MY opinion. First was a one on one interview, second was a group interview with 5 other students from my school, we were all granted to go on to the third step. At this point we were given assignments to provide a huge spiderweb chart of all of our friends, family, associates, colleagues, coworkers, cousins, strangers etc. anyone you knew (basically the beginning step to building your client list). As I do respect that some people do like this type of work, I felt as though their depiction was less than professional considering its lack of accuracy as they insisted that meetings were casual, and almost portrayed as if they would provide a start up client list. You start from scratch, as any wonderful opportunity with a limitless ceiling for income, you have to start everything from scratch. Company is VERY reputable, overall great interview experience, it is their job to make everything sound appealing however be sure to do your research. Because my personality is not quite the type to be satisfied with cold calling and hounding my friends and family to buy life insurance, I did not accept the position. I do have friends that are very successful in the company it depends on whether or not this is your type of work.

Interview Questions
  • What type of people do you know that would be of benefit to NWM? (unexpected question)

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Was referred to by a current intern in their program and was contacted immediately by the HR manager from Northwestern Mutual. They bring you in to give a half hour presentation of what their plan is for intern and then bring you in for a 5-10 minute individual interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked you to contact your friends and relatives about selling them insurance.
2 people found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Started with a tour of the office and then moved into the HR manages office. I had my series 7 so they were very eager to hire me. Still had to do the 10 surveys and the presentation but was offered the job. Job is all sales they try and make it glamorous, but they make you call your friends and family to sell them life insurance. I did very little with investments although I was the only intern with their investments licenses. I you want to be a life insurance sales man then it’s the job for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in Dec 2012

Interview

The application process consisted of four rounds. The first round was an information session that you attended with twenty or so other hopefuls. The next three rounds are just your basic interviews that you hold with different directors. You also have two assignments to complete as well between rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews