Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.4

846 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

3 step process.
they are trying to buy you. they say they do not do cold calling. but i feel like they did. there are better internships out there rather than this one. Do your research first.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

They show off high compensation that is almost impossible to get, and expect you to give them a list of contacts so they can abuse your connections. Its not the best financial advisor position.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Lengthy process with a lot of information. Met with 4-6 different people over the course of a couple weeks. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging, but i felt like i was asked the same questions by everyone. Plus, having to meet with so many different people and constantly take days off of my other job was a hassle.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process. A couple of phone interviews, video interview, then a face-to-face interview. Interviewers were very helpful and very open. All interviews were standard and a normal process. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for going into the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very laid back, some basic behavioral questions involved. Recruiter mainly wants to get to know your background and feel out how personable you are. Overall pretty casual process. Second step is a more applied process where you meet with people and ask them some basic questions and they ask how it went.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Had a great interview. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. She seemed interested in my input and contribute to the conversation. The questions were general for the most part and you would also be asks about specific things in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What a 3 core values that represent you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

its a four step interview process with different people. the first interview was really long. it took over an hour to complete. however it was very easy going and it did not seem that long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

3 part interview process. First part is a 30 mins phone interview where they ask basic questions and talk about the position. This is as far as I’ve gotten so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers I had were very nice and kind people that don’t ask you any questions that require right or wrong answers. They just try to get to know you and see if this is the right position for you.

There were 3 rounds of interviews. The first two are just getting to know you, but after the second interview, you get an “assignment” in which you need to obtain contacts (family and friends) who might be interested in life insurance. They asked for 60 contacts for the sake of yourself to explore if this is a job you could do. You also need to complete a market survey for 6 individuals. If you do the assignment and can tolerate the work, they will give you an offer on the spot on your third interview.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend this internship program because they look at you like dollar signs. You’re there simply to do the unpleasant work that no one else wants to do. The whole job would be cold calling your friends and loved ones so the company can profit off of and then take over your clients following your internship. They abuse the fact that many college students are extremely desperate for internships by pressuring them into turning their family and friends into clients.

If you absolutely need an internship and don’t mind cold calling, go for it, but otherwise I wouldn’t recommend letting them take advantage of your relationships with the people you love.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Hunt Valley, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I had two meetings which led to me being given an assignment that required me to survey 15 family members and family friends. Once you complete the survey and they deem it successful, then they offer you the internship and you begin cold calling clients from your survey.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any friends you think will excel in this internship?   Answer Question