Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Although this is one of the top ten internship, they just want you to sell their insurance products to your family and friends. If you are comfortable doing that, this is a good place.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Started out with personality questions to get to know you. After around 10-15 questions, it was followed by company's backstory and successes within that branch. Talked about unlimited earnings potential but you have to start off by enlisting people you know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviewed at Internship fair and it was more of a "getting to know you" interview compared to behavioral assessment. Second round was more of a situation based interview and then they handed out a packet where you have to talk to 10 people about the job, and then get further references from those people. After that, you have to report back to the company to determine if the job is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were rejected from someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

was really good .explain thing clearly about the training and the salary with benefits.show the process of the job and the responsibility.I enjoy the interview and hope I will enjoy working with them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wilmington, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Came in for an information session to learn about the position. Got asked to take the Harrison Questionnaire which is a psychology test. Then asked to come in for an interview which was more informational and very casual. I was given surveys to fill out from friends and family.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more informational. What is your experience with sales? Are you able to do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, which was not mentioned until you got there. Caught me off guard, it was a lecture rather than an interview. There was no possible way to get to know someone with 5 other people in the room. Spent the entire time going over a slide show of "Why we are the best." Overall it was good interview experience. Said they were interviewing 100 other candidates in the same setting and then would go back and choose 5-10 to call back for a second interview. Very interesting process they have overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Appleton, WI).

Interview

There are three "interviews". I use quotations because they call it a mutual selection. They offer you a position on the spot of the third interview as long as you can formulate a proper sentence, maybe even then, they'll still offer you a position as long as you keep going back. They make it out to be that you are doing such important life changing work but really you guilt trip your friends and family to by life insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

There were 3 interviews which consisted of detailed questioning and a company specific project. We did the Same things a full time financial representative would do as interns. It was very insightful and gave an up close and personal look into all that is involved in that career.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 year   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, and the person tries to become your good friend through out the interview. I was asked right away to go to the second round, but at the end they sneak in there that you have to go and find your own clientele. It is not worth it. I politely declined the next day

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a very difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I received an email asking to call a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter also asked me to fill out a personality questionnaire before the interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and asked mostly straightforward questions. After the interview, I was provided with more information about the internship, but was asked to fill out a "Market Survey", which was to interview 10 people and ask them certain questions about insurance and finances that you were provided with. The goal was to get 20 referrals from the people you interviewed, and could not continue with the next step of the interview process unless you did so. I decided not to continue with this process, as I did not feel comfortable with what I would be doing. If you are willing to talk to anyone, including family and friends, about getting insurance, than this may be a good opportunity for you.