Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

762 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interviewer's nice, professional and communicative. They guide you through the process on which the company is based. But for people that have not been previously exposed to a financial industry environment it may be a more difficult to get a full grasp of what everything really means and how it works.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, with typical interview questions. It is recommended that you practice before you go, and have confidence in your answers. You must possess the ability to network frequently, and be able to complete a market survey.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest obstacle you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Pretty long process, started in June and started in September. They have you do these market surveys which should give you a good idea if selling to your friends and family is right for you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Northwestern Mutual?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was called for an interview about two weeks after submitting my resume. The first interview went fairly well. However, my second interview with the manager made it very clear that this is a sales related internship. This has nothing to do with a finance major. They just want you to bring them clients.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming and personal interview process. Both the secretary and hiring manager were exceptional people and really seemed to be interested in helping me. Although the commute down to Stamford was a hassle, the people in the office were very supportive and nothing bad could be said about the process as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What type of career are you looking for at Northwestern?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Standard interview. Asked why I was interested in NML and a few basic questions about my interest in this field. All in all, had three separate interviews before offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this type of profession?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a three interview process. The first is informational about the company, the second is about you, and the third is to accept the offer. After offer acceptance you must train for certifications to be contracted

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was one hour long and very detailed. The whole process was very relaxed and conversational. I was able to clearly understand the role and what would be expected of me.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Interview

I walked in the day before the training started - they had recruited people for months prior to this. If you have a good background they'll take you. If you don't, they'll take you anyway because there's such a high turnover in this company. No experience required.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Leawood, KS).

Interview

They act like it's a "highly selective" process where "only 1 out of every 35 candidates gets an offer". Really, i was just the 1 that was dumb enough to fall for their shenanigans. the other 34 were much smarter than me and left the interview process.