Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.4

799 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions during the interview process. Questions were more behavior rather than technical. I was asked what the biggest strengths I had were and if I was personable. This job requires a lot of personal interaction so if that is not your cup of tea I would recommend against it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Great interview! Really care about pairing the write candidate for the right job. Company wants to see that you care about giving back to the community and want to grow yourself professionally.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person in your life.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were supposed to be three interviews. The first was by phone which was basically just a screening process. I rocked it but wound up turning down the offer for another interview due to the fact that this position is not for me. The use these interns to sell insurance to their families and friends. They never come out and directly say this unless you ask about it. This may be for some people but I didn't want to damage relationships but trying to push insurance on those I care about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a call with one of the representatives from North Western. They Ask what you know about the company and why you are interested.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews involving a personality profile test and meeting the Managing Director and Managing Partner of area office. It's all about how you might fit in with the company and how personally driven you are

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview is mostly behvioral and background questions. They want to get to know you better, and see if you have a large network of potential clients. They emphasize that clients will not be given to, and it is your job to build your own clientbase as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Very friendly interview. Wanted to get to know me and why I was interested in the role. Non-technical, but be sure to understand the role and exemplify your work ethic.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Was pretty simple, but they ask you to sell insurance to your family and friend and basically do cold calling all day long. The interview was not hard but it wasnt worth to do the job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

Three round interview process which takes about 1-2 months to complete. First interview is with the recruiter, followed by an interview the managing director, and a third which is a formality (also with the managing director and his assistant). There are also assessment tests which you must take prior to meeting the MD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty lengthy (4 interviews). By the 2nd interview they send you home with 20 market surveys to complete in which you need to obtain 100 referrals (people you've never met before) and have that completed by the next interview 2 weeks later.