Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was called for an interview about two weeks after submitting my resume. The first interview went fairly well. However, my second interview with the manager made it very clear that this is a sales related internship. This has nothing to do with a finance major. They just want you to bring them clients.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Standard interview. Asked why I was interested in NML and a few basic questions about my interest in this field. All in all, had three separate interviews before offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this type of profession?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a three interview process. The first is informational about the company, the second is about you, and the third is to accept the offer. After offer acceptance you must train for certifications to be contracted

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was one hour long and very detailed. The whole process was very relaxed and conversational. I was able to clearly understand the role and what would be expected of me.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Interview

I walked in the day before the training started - they had recruited people for months prior to this. If you have a good background they'll take you. If you don't, they'll take you anyway because there's such a high turnover in this company. No experience required.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Leawood, KS).

Interview

They act like it's a "highly selective" process where "only 1 out of every 35 candidates gets an offer". Really, i was just the 1 that was dumb enough to fall for their shenanigans. the other 34 were much smarter than me and left the interview process.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and I was able to get all my questions answered. I felt I was well taken care of through out the process. The interviewer was very charismatic and made me feel comfortable. It felt like a very natural conversation rather than a traditional ask and answer interview.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was very rehearsed and not personal. They presented a slide show about the company and what I would be doing. They did not seem interested in who they were interviewing, just wanted to interview as many people as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter setting up first interview
    In person interview with recruiter asked general background and educational questions
    2x In person interview with college unit director
    During these interviews they give you an information packet and instructions on completing the project 200, online training, and required tests

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and easy. Most of it was personal and behavioral questions. At the end of the second round of interviews, they ask you to get the contact information of 10 people in your network and interview/ get 5 referrals from each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to envision myself in a meeting with a client and given limited financial information about the client, then I was asked to think about what I would ask him and why.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I was comfortable selling insurance to friends and family.   Answer Question