Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Interview

I walked in the day before the training started - they had recruited people for months prior to this. If you have a good background they'll take you. If you don't, they'll take you anyway because there's such a high turnover in this company. No experience required.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and I was able to get all my questions answered. I felt I was well taken care of through out the process. The interviewer was very charismatic and made me feel comfortable. It felt like a very natural conversation rather than a traditional ask and answer interview.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Leawood, KS).

Interview

They act like it's a "highly selective" process where "only 1 out of every 35 candidates gets an offer". Really, i was just the 1 that was dumb enough to fall for their shenanigans. the other 34 were much smarter than me and left the interview process.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was very rehearsed and not personal. They presented a slide show about the company and what I would be doing. They did not seem interested in who they were interviewing, just wanted to interview as many people as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter setting up first interview
    In person interview with recruiter asked general background and educational questions
    2x In person interview with college unit director
    During these interviews they give you an information packet and instructions on completing the project 200, online training, and required tests

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and easy. Most of it was personal and behavioral questions. At the end of the second round of interviews, they ask you to get the contact information of 10 people in your network and interview/ get 5 referrals from each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to envision myself in a meeting with a client and given limited financial information about the client, then I was asked to think about what I would ask him and why.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I was comfortable selling insurance to friends and family.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Although this is one of the top ten internship, they just want you to sell their insurance products to your family and friends. If you are comfortable doing that, this is a good place.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Started out with personality questions to get to know you. After around 10-15 questions, it was followed by company's backstory and successes within that branch. Talked about unlimited earnings potential but you have to start off by enlisting people you know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviewed at Internship fair and it was more of a "getting to know you" interview compared to behavioral assessment. Second round was more of a situation based interview and then they handed out a packet where you have to talk to 10 people about the job, and then get further references from those people. After that, you have to report back to the company to determine if the job is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were rejected from someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

was really good .explain thing clearly about the training and the salary with benefits.show the process of the job and the responsibility.I enjoy the interview and hope I will enjoy working with them