Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

829 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process. A couple of phone interviews, video interview, then a face-to-face interview. Interviewers were very helpful and very open. All interviews were standard and a normal process. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for going into the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Had a great interview. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. She seemed interested in my input and contribute to the conversation. The questions were general for the most part and you would also be asks about specific things in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What a 3 core values that represent you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

its a four step interview process with different people. the first interview was really long. it took over an hour to complete. however it was very easy going and it did not seem that long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

3 part interview process. First part is a 30 mins phone interview where they ask basic questions and talk about the position. This is as far as I’ve gotten so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers I had were very nice and kind people that don’t ask you any questions that require right or wrong answers. They just try to get to know you and see if this is the right position for you.

There were 3 rounds of interviews. The first two are just getting to know you, but after the second interview, you get an “assignment” in which you need to obtain contacts (family and friends) who might be interested in life insurance. They asked for 60 contacts for the sake of yourself to explore if this is a job you could do. You also need to complete a market survey for 6 individuals. If you do the assignment and can tolerate the work, they will give you an offer on the spot on your third interview.

Personally I wouldn’t recommend this internship program because they look at you like dollar signs. You’re there simply to do the unpleasant work that no one else wants to do. The whole job would be cold calling your friends and loved ones so the company can profit off of and then take over your clients following your internship. They abuse the fact that many college students are extremely desperate for internships by pressuring them into turning their family and friends into clients.

If you absolutely need an internship and don’t mind cold calling, go for it, but otherwise I wouldn’t recommend letting them take advantage of your relationships with the people you love.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Absolutely horrible, scam. No one tells you specifics, beat around the bush and then first day ask you to call 40 of your friends/family. Would not recommend to anyone, ever

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be a financial planner? Cold call, cold call, cold call, complete waste of time   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions during the interview process. Questions were more behavior rather than technical. I was asked what the biggest strengths I had were and if I was personable. This job requires a lot of personal interaction so if that is not your cup of tea I would recommend against it.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Great interview! Really care about pairing the write candidate for the right job. Company wants to see that you care about giving back to the community and want to grow yourself professionally.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person in your life.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were supposed to be three interviews. The first was by phone which was basically just a screening process. I rocked it but wound up turning down the offer for another interview due to the fact that this position is not for me. The use these interns to sell insurance to their families and friends. They never come out and directly say this unless you ask about it. This may be for some people but I didn't want to damage relationships but trying to push insurance on those I care about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a call with one of the representatives from North Western. They Ask what you know about the company and why you are interested.