Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2016

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The interviewer is very friendly and wants you to work there since they will take just about anyone who wants to work there. If nothing else, it's good practice for other interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First I submitted an application online. Then I received an initial phone call to provide me with information about the company and to answer questions (to gauge interest level as well). Then I had a phone interview. Then I had an interview in person. Fairly rigorous interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would acquire clients as a financial representative?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Skype interview, group interview, homework assignment, presentation. The worst part was the homework assignment. They make you get 100 referrals to give to them and interview 7 people about their experiences with the financial advisory/insurance industry. However I did not give the full 100 and they were ok with that. They also have a lot of licensing and extras to complete once you accept an offer there.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then 2 in person interviews in the office you would be located at with the hiring manager. Basic questions, it's more of just a conversation to see how you interact with people.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First I was contacted for a phone interview, then a follow up on site for a 1-1 interview and then another on-site 1-1 interview. Overall, everyone was very friendly and helpful in explaining what the requirements of the role were.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Would you prefer working in a large group with unlimited money or a small group with limited?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview process was really easy. They ask you a bunch of questions about your goals and what you want to accomplish. Basic interview questions about where you see yourself in the next 3 years. They keep it very laid back so you don't feel uncomfortable. The energy in the office is great. The entire interview lasts about an hour. The overall experience was good.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC).

Interview

One skype interview that asked basic interview questions. Then came into their office to speak with someone higher up about who my potential market would be. Then they said come back with 10 "market surveys," where you ask 10 close leads about your potential abilities as a financial advisor.

Interview Questions

• Q: typical interview questions (walk through resume, team environment etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very selective. Took about 3 or 4 months for the whole process. Had about 6 interviews before starting training. Overall experience was positive and unlike any other I've had at a company

Interview Questions

• About my background and character Want to really get to know you as a person You will meet with several different people throughout the interview process, including managing partner John Wright   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is no base salary. You make great money in commission

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They first have you interview with a recruiter. And if they believe that you are a right fit then you get to meet with the main guy in the location. While in the interview with him he tries to convince you to not want to work there.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Apply, and then get called for a info session. If you pass the assessment, on to a interview with the recruiter. Recruiter gives you an assignment, and after the assignment you have a third and final interview with the recruiter and a rep from the company.