Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Traverse City, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The process is competitive. Only one out of 80 interviewees are offered a contract. There are approximately four interviews in total. The first is a short interview with a presentation at the end. Then there is values screening and psychological evaluations. Secondly, there is an in-depth interview with the director. This is followed by a homework assignment involving surveys and a presentation of findings. Lastly, there is an interview with a panel of other representatives.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds.
    The first round is about 30 minutes general interview questions.
    The second round is completing some projects and tasks they assigned me.
    The third round is a presentation to two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews/weekly if applicable. 1 with recruiter and 4 with a district director. Was given a project to complete which required interviewing 10-15 people on basic financial concepts and philosophies.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Long interview process including multiple company outings and socializing within the company. 6 formal interviews over a span of multiple months. Overall difficult interview process with a very low hire rate. All interviews are by referral, so ask your referrer to give you a heads up about the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a large enough personal market to begin making calls to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Super thorough - all the recruiters are the nicest people - so sweet and helpful. I felt like they truly cared about me and my career vision. Met with CDO, Director, Business Coach, actual advisors. They took me and my husband to lunch as well to get to know him. That sealed the deal for us.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years personally, professionally and financially?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greenwood, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I actually felt like the interviewer was trying to learn about me. It didn't feel like I was being recruited. (Different than other experiences with the industry) I wanted the job, but by the end of the interview we came to a mutual decision that now probably wasn't the right time. I actually referred a colleague/friend of mine for the position. I'm looking forward to revisiting the opportunity in 6 months to a year.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career? Lot's of "why's, or tell me more about that".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Took way to long: 1 phone interview, 1 office interviewer with recruiter, met with managing partner, then met the whole management team, then last interview with managing partner. Close to 8 hours of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Great, personable recruiters who want to build relationships with you. You get to meet a ton of different people with the firm. 4 interview steps in the office. They also took my husband and I out for a very nice dinner to get to know him. Process is very informational. Worth it even just to learn more about the industry and career. I was already a client of Northwestern which they liked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What is your 10 year vision? who has been most influential in your life? what excites you about growing your own business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Warm and Charismatic. Focused on describing the right candidate and what not. Mostly can you live up to our expectations. It was a long process in which you met so many multiple people. I was in awe of it as a young man, but at this point find it more tedious.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

4 in depth interviews with different people in the office. First you meet the recruiter. Then she sends you a personality quiz. Then you meet two people in the office, they ask you questions and vice versa. Then, you may get asked to meet the managing director and she may or may not choose to make you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had the desire to own your own business   1 Answer