Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.4

820 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was lenghty and thorough to ensure that only hardworking individuals who will succeed at the job are hired. There is work to do between interviews which many people find odd but it gives you a taste of the job before you actually start and shows how hard you are willing to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your best traits?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Traverse City, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The process is competitive. Only one out of 80 interviewees are offered a contract. There are approximately four interviews in total. The first is a short interview with a presentation at the end. Then there is values screening and psychological evaluations. Secondly, there is an in-depth interview with the director. This is followed by a homework assignment involving surveys and a presentation of findings. Lastly, there is an interview with a panel of other representatives.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Naperville, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Long Interview Process. 5 levels of interviews, starting with meeting with a recuiter, to building your "Project 200" to start your practice, and then meeting with the Managing Partner. They are one of the only companies that requires a "Market Survey". This requires that you contact loved ones, aquitances, and also total strangers to start thinking about how you'll build your practice, and what market you'd like to be in. Many interviewees could find this laborious and many choose not to complete these surveys

Interview Questions

• Are you a self starter? When have you built something successful in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

You initially meet with a recruiter. I had 2 interviews with her. Then the CDO for 2 interviews. Then you meet with Managing Partner in the group. You complete a series of tasks along the way, including identifying your natural market and who you may potentially market to. They will ask how many FB friends you have, also to help to discern how large your natural market is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long. The downtown Indianapolis office was very nice, located at the top of the Salesforce tower. Be prepared for the interview process, and know about the company before you walk in the door. Be professional.

Interview Questions

• Why does finance interest you?   1 Answer
    • What have your previous careers done to prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. You get to meet many different people. Felt like they wanted to get to know more than was on my resume. Felt like I was able to get a good sense of the culture which was important to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your core values.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process, I was late in the interview process but it did not feel that way at all. The recruiters were understanding to my situation and made it a very educational process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you learned through a difficult scenario in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds.
    The first round is about 30 minutes general interview questions.
    The second round is completing some projects and tasks they assigned me.
    The third round is a presentation to two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews/weekly if applicable. 1 with recruiter and 4 with a district director. Was given a project to complete which required interviewing 10-15 people on basic financial concepts and philosophies.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Long interview process including multiple company outings and socializing within the company. 6 formal interviews over a span of multiple months. Overall difficult interview process with a very low hire rate. All interviews are by referral, so ask your referrer to give you a heads up about the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a large enough personal market to begin making calls to?   1 Answer