Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Interview

I walked in the day before the training started - they had recruited people for months prior to this. If you have a good background they'll take you. If you don't, they'll take you anyway because there's such a high turnover in this company. No experience required.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Company did a culture index and asked a lot of thought generating questions about myself, and I found out how I was wired when it came critical thinking and problem solving. Very open environment when it came to answering these questions. They want to know the real you

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self bringing a positive impact to your community?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and easy. Most of it was personal and behavioral questions. At the end of the second round of interviews, they ask you to get the contact information of 10 people in your network and interview/ get 5 referrals from each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to envision myself in a meeting with a client and given limited financial information about the client, then I was asked to think about what I would ask him and why.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I was comfortable selling insurance to friends and family.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Birmingham, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 steps. An interview in the corporate head office with the recruiter, an interview with the lead advisor at the network office, and a final meeting in the corporate head office to discuss compensation and paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

There are 3 interviews and few assignments in between. 1. Face-to-face interview with a recruiter, online personality test, 2. One-on-one interview with financial adviser, few pieces of homework, 3. Presentation in front of few few people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were several interview rounds. Each different and taking you deeper into the company culture. If it's the right fit you stay, as simple as that. Do your own research too, it will help you understand how the company has attained its size any gauges employee salaries.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be apart of Northwestern Mutual?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

There were 7 rounds of interviews which included meeting everyone in the leadership team, as well as other co-workers that are new in the business. This was especially helpful because I was able to get a grasp on what the job is like for both someone early in their career and also from someone that is well established. Also, I was able to meet everyone in senior leadership and formulate a relationship with them early on, which has only helped the early stage of my career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed. Why did you fail? And what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer which scheduled me for the onsite interview. The office was in Manhattan near the D train subway station in the Chinatown which is not a clean neighborhood. The interview lasted about 40 minutes as the interviewer asked less about me and talked more about the company, products, and the work environment as I have explained her my knowledge about their business and she was highly impressed by it. Then after the interview, I was given three handouts in which I need 21 people to fill out seven surveys. They want to explore your contacts to sell the insurance and their products. They pay $1000 stipend to interns for the 10-week program in summer which is very cheap. And they don't sponsor H-1 B, so if you are an international student don't even waste your time for the interview.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and I was able to get all my questions answered. I felt I was well taken care of through out the process. The interviewer was very charismatic and made me feel comfortable. It felt like a very natural conversation rather than a traditional ask and answer interview.

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Leawood, KS).

Interview

They act like it's a "highly selective" process where "only 1 out of every 35 candidates gets an offer". Really, i was just the 1 that was dumb enough to fall for their shenanigans. the other 34 were much smarter than me and left the interview process.