Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Richmond, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in for a interview with a recruiter and asked basic questions about myself, my family, and background. Had to take a survey about my personality before my next interview where they asked me similar questions. They asked about connections then my next task was to meet with 5 people close to me, 4 people i know, and 4 referrals from those people and talk about their financial needs over coffee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Traverse City, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The process is competitive. Only one out of 80 interviewees are offered a contract. There are approximately four interviews in total. The first is a short interview with a presentation at the end. Then there is values screening and psychological evaluations. Secondly, there is an in-depth interview with the director. This is followed by a homework assignment involving surveys and a presentation of findings. Lastly, there is an interview with a panel of other representatives.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process. The first one was a get-to-know-you type interview, the second went in depth about the resume and personal accomplishments, and the third discussed a market survey you are required to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go in-depth and tell them about specific things on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy but seems like they will hire nearly anyone. They have about a 5 or 6 step process and they make you basically start doing the job before they hire you. The length of time it takes to complete this interview process is pretty absurd and I think it is designed to make you think it is super selective when it is definitely not.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The process was very thorough to see if there was a mutual fit for both parties. Most of the questions were personal and not situational because it is more about getting to know you rather then your previous experiences. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before unless you're willing to put the time and effort into completing the interview process. They will schedule several meetings when it seems like they could have sufficiently completed it in 2 or 3.

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know you and where you want to go in life. Be prepared for them to say things talking about the time commitment and how if you make it 5 years you are "bullet proof".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Thorough process, but I interviewed as an intern first. I first met with the recruiter, then who would serve as my mentor twice for one on one. Lastly, a phone interview with the IT coordinator to aid in completing online testing that is necessary.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 step interview. First is mostly behavioral with someone from hr, second is with the managing director and you'll get a project where you have to write down the names and numbers of 200 people you know, the third is basically them hiring you.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very easy, general questions. Mostly spoke on sales experience and university involvement. Secured second and third interviews and pretty much knew I was getting an offer after the second. Second and third interviews were really more information about the company. Had to interview a certain number of individuals in my personal network to display presentation and meeting skills.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

4 rounds of different level management pretty typical . You start with HR then up to the managing partner after that you interview with financial reps easy questions but process is longer than I would like

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was 3 rounds one of which was an info session. The process was straight forward and lasted about a week to two weeks. I met 3 recruiters throughout the process who were all very nice! I had to do a presentation as well as a mini case/assignment. The assignment takes some time but the recruiters were very understanding with school.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time in which you were rejected and how you handled that?   1 Answer