Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.4

776 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and easy. Most of it was personal and behavioral questions. At the end of the second round of interviews, they ask you to get the contact information of 10 people in your network and interview/ get 5 referrals from each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to envision myself in a meeting with a client and given limited financial information about the client, then I was asked to think about what I would ask him and why.   Answer Question
  • I was asked if I was comfortable selling insurance to friends and family.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then they follow up with an on-site interview. They also send over a personality quiz that you will have to take online before meeting in person. The questions asked during the on-site were your basic interview questions. As long as you are personable and appear to be normal you should get an offer in that moment. They take almost everyone and anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not give you any chance to negotiate. It is a commission based position and that is how it will always be.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

3 step interview: 1st was facetime with college recruiter. 2nd was facetime with college program director. 3rd was in person in the office with the MP, recruiter and program director.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy, three step process. During the final round of the interview, I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Shortly after we had to begin studying for our licensing exams; in which I passed on the first try but, others had difficulty moving past this step.

Anonymous Employee in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New Hartford, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a series of interviews with the recruiter, internship coordinator and managing partner. All of them were easy to talk to and the atmosphere was very professional. Also they were good about finding availability to schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years personally, professionally and financially?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long. The downtown Indianapolis office was very nice, located at the top of the Salesforce tower. Be prepared for the interview process, and know about the company before you walk in the door. Be professional.

Interview Questions

• Why does finance interest you?   1 Answer
    • What have your previous careers done to prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Although this is one of the top ten internship, they just want you to sell their insurance products to your family and friends. If you are comfortable doing that, this is a good place.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Started out with personality questions to get to know you. After around 10-15 questions, it was followed by company's backstory and successes within that branch. Talked about unlimited earnings potential but you have to start off by enlisting people you know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviewed at Internship fair and it was more of a "getting to know you" interview compared to behavioral assessment. Second round was more of a situation based interview and then they handed out a packet where you have to talk to 10 people about the job, and then get further references from those people. After that, you have to report back to the company to determine if the job is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were rejected from someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, which was not mentioned until you got there. Caught me off guard, it was a lecture rather than an interview. There was no possible way to get to know someone with 5 other people in the room. Spent the entire time going over a slide show of "Why we are the best." Overall it was good interview experience. Said they were interviewing 100 other candidates in the same setting and then would go back and choose 5-10 to call back for a second interview. Very interesting process they have overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate?   1 Answer