Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.4

776 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer which scheduled me for the onsite interview. The office was in Manhattan near the D train subway station in the Chinatown which is not a clean neighborhood. The interview lasted about 40 minutes as the interviewer asked less about me and talked more about the company, products, and the work environment as I have explained her my knowledge about their business and she was highly impressed by it. Then after the interview, I was given three handouts in which I need 21 people to fill out seven surveys. They want to explore your contacts to sell the insurance and their products. They pay $1000 stipend to interns for the 10-week program in summer which is very cheap. And they don't sponsor H-1 B, so if you are an international student don't even waste your time for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviewed at Internship fair and it was more of a "getting to know you" interview compared to behavioral assessment. Second round was more of a situation based interview and then they handed out a packet where you have to talk to 10 people about the job, and then get further references from those people. After that, you have to report back to the company to determine if the job is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were rejected from someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

was really good .explain thing clearly about the training and the salary with benefits.show the process of the job and the responsibility.I enjoy the interview and hope I will enjoy working with them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wilmington, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Came in for an information session to learn about the position. Got asked to take the Harrison Questionnaire which is a psychology test. Then asked to come in for an interview which was more informational and very casual. I was given surveys to fill out from friends and family.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more informational. What is your experience with sales? Are you able to do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds.
    The first round is about 30 minutes general interview questions.
    The second round is completing some projects and tasks they assigned me.
    The third round is a presentation to two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Appleton, WI).

Interview

There are three "interviews". I use quotations because they call it a mutual selection. They offer you a position on the spot of the third interview as long as you can formulate a proper sentence, maybe even then, they'll still offer you a position as long as you keep going back. They make it out to be that you are doing such important life changing work but really you guilt trip your friends and family to by life insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, and the person tries to become your good friend through out the interview. I was asked right away to go to the second round, but at the end they sneak in there that you have to go and find your own clientele. It is not worth it. I politely declined the next day

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a very difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

There were 3 interviews which consisted of detailed questioning and a company specific project. We did the Same things a full time financial representative would do as interns. It was very insightful and gave an up close and personal look into all that is involved in that career.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 year   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I received an email asking to call a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter also asked me to fill out a personality questionnaire before the interview. The interviewer was pretty nice and asked mostly straightforward questions. After the interview, I was provided with more information about the internship, but was asked to fill out a "Market Survey", which was to interview 10 people and ask them certain questions about insurance and finances that you were provided with. The goal was to get 20 referrals from the people you interviewed, and could not continue with the next step of the interview process unless you did so. I decided not to continue with this process, as I did not feel comfortable with what I would be doing. If you are willing to talk to anyone, including family and friends, about getting insurance, than this may be a good opportunity for you.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Monroeville, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

3 interviews with a project after the 2nd one to see if you are right for the job. They also had a questionnaire online before the interviews and asked you questions about your top answers.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you convinced someone to do or not do something?   Answer Question