Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a four step process. first is an introduction second you take a personality test to see if you are suitable for a job. next the test your networking skills and last you have a meeting with a director normally the managing director. The interview questions were pretty straight forward. just be direct and be confident with yourself and you should do fine

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They essentially told us that we would be pitching their products to our friends and family. I was prepared to be asked questions about myself, however, it felt like they were trying to sell me on the internship, not the other way around. I did not choose to pursue an internship with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I went to career fair at UMKC in Missouri. Recruiter called me and we scheduled interviewing time. Before the interview, recruiter asked me to finish a serve called Culture Index to identify my personality. You won't get the results until you finished you interview. Culture Index analyze your personality to see if you could fit what kind of positions.

Interview Questions

• First thing is talk about yourself, basically I told my situation and one of my valuable previous job before to get attention.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

There are three separate interviews (if they put you through to all of them) and it seems tedious at first and annoying to have to keep going back but when it's over it seems reasonable. I didn't get super excited about the opportunity until I talked to the big boss in my last interview, where she really made me excited after telling me about her journey from an intern like me to her now leadership role. I'm excited to start with NM even though I never would have thought this would be my job in a million years!

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2016.

Interview

Came in to the office and asked basic questions. Sat with Daniel and spoke about the challenges they face. However, after a while a second person came into the interview. I declined the position

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Straight forward. They asked the basic goals and five-year plan. then asked if you could pass the certification exam. Asked a series of assignments to be done. Spoke one on one with senior officer. to get a vibe of company.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

3 interviews and a phone screen. First interview was with a group, fairly easy with basic questions. For the second, I had to take 5 surveys getting feedback on people's experience with the financial service industry, and prepare a brief powerpoint to present. For the third, I had to create a list of potential prospects that I could call on if I were to get the job. Fairly easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an employee referral interview. Sat down with their head of recruitment and had a 1:1 interview. Conversation went well. She told me she'd send me a personality test to take and then I heard nothing for about 3 months. Finally the person that took her place while she was gone reached out to me. I had another 1:1 interview. Then was asked to start getting my list of about 200 people together to start calling once I started. Decided it wasn't the path I wanted to take. Declined offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Took way to long: 1 phone interview, 1 office interviewer with recruiter, met with managing partner, then met the whole management team, then last interview with managing partner. Close to 8 hours of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled to meet a recruiter in her office in the Pyramid building in San Francisco. The whole atmosphere was very professional, but the office workers seemed to be friendly, as I was greeted multiple times while waiting till it was time for the interview. The recruiter was very friendly, asked questions that were open ended, allowed for me to comfortably express my strengths and weakness, and what might be appropriate for myself and the company. In the end I wasn't a candidate they were looking for due to some unfortunate circumstances out of my control, the recruiter was very polite in rejecting me and even invited me to connect to her linked-in.

Interview Questions

• Do you have at least 200 contacts you could approach as potential clients?   Answer Question