Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Got interview through college career fair. the interview was several rounds, but they were all group interview which made things uncomfortable. there were 4-5 rounds that all the same group would go to. behavioral, one you had to make 5 min presentation about why you should be hired, final round they asked you to come back with a sheet filled out with a list of people you know who make over a certain amount of money each year who would want insurance. pretty sketchy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2016.

Interview

About a one hour interview mostly consisting of questions about personality, strengths and weaknesses, and personal long-term goals. The interviewer was really nice and just wanted to see what kind of person I was. She also explained to me the results of the personality quiz I took prior to the interview and described how I would fit nicely into the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years personally, financially, and professionally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Several Interviews I brought in my resume personally. Met with recruiting first and then with the managing partner. Really want you to understand what it takes to succeed which is a hard work ethic and a savings account as you build your income.

Interview Questions

• Name 2 core strengths and 2 weaknesses about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Lunch interview followed by two more interviews all within two weeks time. Second interview with human resources rep. Next with branch manager. Didn't like that they give you this stupid personality quiz worst method I've ever experienced. If they would've had a better method of getting to know there potential employees I would've been more interested. Other than that seemed like a decent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

4 interviews/weekly if applicable. 1 with recruiter and 4 with a district director. Was given a project to complete which required interviewing 10-15 people on basic financial concepts and philosophies.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

applied through college career center, received a face to face interview invitation two days later. Submitted an online personality evaluation before face to face interview for one hour. Was asked to do another personality test

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Great people and a great process. They are very up front about job and go into great detail about the job and the interview process. They will not sway on commission only but are very understanding about financial support.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Many interviews with 5-7 people. They really can pull the wool over your eyes about how much money you can make if you are one of the top 10% quartile of sales people. It is good to meet with as many other advisors that are not the best of the best because they can tell you like it is. This is a great job for college interns, but not career changers.

Interview Questions

• What is your "Why?" Why do you want to be in the finacnial industry?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in June 2016.

Interview

I emailed my resume to one of the representatives, and 2 weeks later I received an email saying that they wanted to have a meeting for the upcoming week. I then had the interview with one of the recruiters. When I first arrived had to fill out a form asking for about 3-5 people that you know that would be interested in the company. Overall, it was an easygoing interview, the representative was very friendly and it was obvious that they wanted to get to know you. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. About a week later they followed up with a call to schedule a meeting with one of the college representatives. If you set up an interview make sure that you have questions prepared.

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? What you your parents do for a living? Describe yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greenwood, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I actually felt like the interviewer was trying to learn about me. It didn't feel like I was being recruited. (Different than other experiences with the industry) I wanted the job, but by the end of the interview we came to a mutual decision that now probably wasn't the right time. I actually referred a colleague/friend of mine for the position. I'm looking forward to revisiting the opportunity in 6 months to a year.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career? Lot's of "why's, or tell me more about that".   1 Answer