Find jobs for Financial Service Representative

Northwestern Mutual Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 109 of over 3.5K interviews

Applied online21%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Paramus, NJ) in Mar 2021

Interview

There were three interviews, The first being a phone interview, the second a group interview, and the third a 1 on 1 with the intern program coordinator in which you go over your market research assignment given at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
  • What were the key takeaways from your market research assignment and how easy was it having these conversations with potential clients?
    1 Answer

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

A 45-minute interview including questions. It is not difficult if you know how to articulate yourself. The only reason a person won't get the position is if they are not confident in themselves.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very thoughtful and intense interview process. Very nice people, focused on your core values as well as your analytical skills. Directing manager that I spoke with was very driven and was focused on us and how we were going to enjoy the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were in a team environment and did not agree with another teammate. How did you settle the dispute?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Super nice process. First call is to get to know you. Second call is to get to know the position and what the company does along with what is expected of you. Final interview is a presentation and report of a task they asked you to do, usually going to be to talk to friends and neighbors to understand the process of being a financial services representative.

Interview Questions
  • They ask background questions and why you would be interested in financial services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2020

Interview

They basically just want to know if you have the right contacts to get into the industry, if you do not already have a list of people that you could contact and sell to, they likely will not hire you for this position.

Interview Questions
  • How many connections do you have that are likely to to need your services?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. The first call is from a recruiter, basic phone screening. Next call is more in-depth. Last part is a one on one in person interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Applied for position online. Had a phone screening shortly after. Was scheduled for 3 interviews, first a with a recruiter then next two with Wealth manager. Pretty standard interview questions to see if you're a good fit to for the job. Pleasant and friendly experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in Aug 2019

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick after applying. Once in the interview that ask a lot of questions about where or if your family has life insurance. Very sales orientated, compensation is directly correlated to your sales

Interview Questions
  • Where does you and your family have your life insurance through?

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Gainesville, FL) in Jul 2019

Interview

There was a series of 3-4 online interviews about relevant experience, background, how and why you would be a good fit. The recruiters are very interactive and are straight forward.

Interview Questions
  • What is a challenge that you had to overcome, what steps did you take, and did you accomplish that goal?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Preliminary interview discussing experience and position Formal interview with manager (assigned task to phone and arrange meetings to discuss industry) Formal interview with manager (discuss how previous assignment went) Overall smooth process as it is a sales position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 109 Interviews