Northwestern Mutual Financial Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Summit, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

Went in there, they told me to give them 100 names of people I knew and they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Who are 100 people you know   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted after the HR found my resume on Monster.
    First a phone interview and an invitation for a face-to-face interview.
    This first F2F interview lasted 1h15 and the HR went over the company, the job, my resume, how I would fit... She had a paper with questions she needeed to ask but the flow was good.
    After this interview I was asked to complete 2 tests online and depending on results i might get a 2nd.
    tests came back ok and I am wainting for 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lawrence, KS) in February 2012.

Interview

The company contacted me through my profile on the university career website. 1:1 interview with the recruiter followed by a series of personality tests done via the web. Came in for a second interview and a meeting with the local branch manager. Assigned to interview 15 people about their opinion of the financial planning/services industry.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

great interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Princeton, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Got a phone call from the recruiter specifying my background and set up an interview for the next day. Met with the recruiting manager who interviewed me on my exp. as well as informaton on the company. Interview went well but didnt get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had a quick chat with the hiring manager. Was invited into a group presentation and then 1:! interview. Everything went well. I just didnt do to much research about the position till the night before. I realized it wasnt for me. The interview went really well and i was asked to come back for another, however i said i would speak to the HM later. I called back and said that the position was not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

It is a three interview process. First you meet with the Recruiting Manager and tells you about the company and what you will do. The second interview you meet the Branch Manager and they ask you to have your friends and family fill out surveys and test how well entrenched you are in your local market. The last interview you meet with the Branch Manager again and the people who will be training you. The trainers are apart of the interview process to see if you are able to be trained. During this time the Branch Manager reviews your surveys and your potential selling market and if they believe you can succeed you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• On a scale to 1 to 10 how well do you think I know you? - answer -
      - Follow-up - What else do I need to know to make it a ten?   1 Answer

Overall not my cup of tea. Too much micro-managing in finding new clients to sell to. Too focused on selling to friends and family and not on creating new networks.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed. There was an aptitude test required before the interview. After the interview, there was another more thorough aptitude test for personality and sales skills. A score below means there will be no offer. Further interv. with managing director and managing partner, plus informational sessions with 2-3 veteren reps. They require Life and Health + 6 and 63 if you are offered a contract. There is a small stipend during the 3-4 week training process and they reimburse you for a passed test. NMFN is the finest company of its type in the nation but the job is 100% commission and ought to be 90% insurance product sales in the first 2 years in order to make it. They require 2-3 meetings a week, Managing director, mentor, and monday morning accountability sales reporting meeting. The average veteren rep makes 150K+ per year. Top reps make 300-400k.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wall, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the company, who had received my resume through a recent career fair, about coming into the office for an interview. I set up the interview and followed through with it even after researching them online. I would have to admit the interview process was as awful as described, never would i think that a potential employer would ask the interviewee for a list of potential leads during the interview process. Very unprofessional, I was offered the position but respectfully declined

Interview Questions

100% commission, very unprofessional demeanor, i felt they were more interested in filling their own client books rather than filling the open position at the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was very brief. It consisted of briefly referencing the resume, and then called in for a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview went through the basics of going more in-depth into the resume, talking about myself and skills. A follow up questionnaire was required to determine if I was a "right fit".

Interview Questions

Found out the job was not right for me.