Northwestern Mutual Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 3.5K interviews

Applied online29%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Very Easy "Six Figure Income" Just start with immediate family, extended family and friends, and then to your neighbors. Just "helping those people can make you a very comfortable income"?????

Interview Questions
  • Who do you know?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in Feb 2016

Interview

We met through a recruiter, and went back and forth through emails until we decided upon a Skype interview, since i was not in the location of the office. The Skype interview went well and was satisfactory.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

contacted me via phone after job fair. They had me go into the office and do a formal interview. After finding out they were going to require me to sell to my family and friends i became disinterested and they continued to call me

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lubbock, TX) in Feb 2014

Interview

I met a recruiter from Northwestern Mutual on campus at the career fair, and had an interview the following day. During the interview I was offered a second interview at a Fort Worth branch and never heard anything back. The recruiter informed me that if you are hired, you're paired up with a mentor in your office to meet with once a week to keep you on track.

Interview Questions
  • When everyone you call in a day says "no," what will be your motivation to keep calling and trying to sell insurance?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Received a call and set up a face to face interview within a week of the initial call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Met with recruiter on campus and then again at office. Everyone was really nice and the entire interview process was very smooth. I decided insurance wasn't the right fit for me and took an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see the insurance industry going in the next five years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in Jul 2013

Interview

They opened a new branch close to where I was living. They brought me into the new branch for the initial interview. It was just the basic "get to know you" interview. I then completed a personality test online before the next step. A week later they brought me back to that branch to speak with the regional manager in a more in depth interview regarding the position. Finally they had me into downtown Pittsburgh for a career day. This was a four hour process where we got to hear about 4 to 5 personal experiences of employees who had been there a while.

Interview Questions
  • Between the second and third interview, they gave out a handbook that required some practice on what the job would entail. This portion of the interview process was the most difficult because you have to step out of your comfort zone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Something about yourself. Details on the resume. The whole process was pretty comfortable. The really hard part is the interviewer would give you a form and fill in contact information of 10 people into it. I think it's pretty fair . Anyway, they are recruiting sales person and I think get to know how to contact people, whether familiar or not is the first step. The recruiter who interviewed me was a really nice lady. But for some reason, I give up the chance of second round interview.

Interview Questions
  • Find 10 person's contact information and give them to a insurance firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Jun 2012

Interview

Was interviewed in a very nice high rise office. The questions asked were about my future goals as far as where did I want to be in the next 5 years. Also I was explained the well known history of the company and the stability the company offered for the "right" candidate. The office was very professional, a call center environment and was asked if I was prepared to make 50-100 phone calls a day and did I have a problem with being rejection.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Feb 2012

Interview

Fill out questionaire and discuss answers. There is a 2nd process but I decided not to do it. You have to study for a test, probably to obtain the license but didn't have time to study. Lady was real nice, wasn't intimidating, she real real friendly, offered me coffee and water.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews