Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.2

330 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (College Station, TX).

Interview

The whole interview process is them trying to see if you are going to have connections you can use to add to their client base. Their purpose with the intern program is to get more clients through your friends and family

Interview Questions

• How big is your network in this city? How many people do you know that would be seeking financial advice?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Interview

4 rounds mostly behavioral, large focus on company values and fit, 3rd and 4th round was an exercise where i had to reach out to 10 of my friends/family and ask them a questionnaire

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly listening and understanding the position. All sales based compensation, which they discuss as being limitless. Short amount of time to asks questions, however it seems as if you show up you get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lancaster, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive. You'll go through 3 in-person interviews and be asked to do some work for the second and third interviews before you're offered the internship. You also have to pass a PA Life & Health exam before starting your internship.

Anonymous Employee in Dakota Dunes, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dakota Dunes, SD).

Interview

I signed up through school job fair. It was simple process where I had to create a powerpoint on myself. People were extremely nice. Seemed as if they just wanted more people to come on, not if I was qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Was reached out to for a phone interview which was set up. The phone interview will decide if you get to come in for a face to face. The face to face interview was more of a job overview than interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2017.

Interview

What does your family do? (initial thought: WTF? Relevant to work?)
    3 words to describe yourself
    What is your greatest achievement?
    3 things you gained from part-time job?
    What are some strengths you describe yourself as a professional?

This so-called internship program is a very cunning way for Northwestern to exploit college students. They want you to come up a list of 100 people to sell their products. You get 1000 for joining the program, 500-1000 bonus, and the rest is from commission. This is why I hate sales job. I don’t like lying to people to earn a living. The commission I potentially earn will be from selling products which may not benefit the clients at all. Nice try. Northwestern.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths you describe yourself as a professional?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Recruiter called me after we had representatives on campus. We schedule a Skype interview that lasted for about half an hour. No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and questions about how I handled challenges in the past. A few days after, they emailed me for a second on-site interview. After finding out this was mostly a sales internship, I withdrew from the candidacy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A series of Interviews where the interviewer ask questions to get some information on you. Then they show you videos so that you can get an idea of what goes on at the company. The last interview they require you to do a gathering of information from friends and family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process, requires 3 interviews and a test-like thing for your third interview. Want you to sell insurance to your family and friends. I dont recumbent this company for an internship.