Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.2

341 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview first round with basic questions about myself and wanted to go over about the internship process. Next step was an in person interview, similar questions and they went over the product in detail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY).

Interview

My interview process was very long but very fair. The process is an initial interview in person in their office with a recruiter, you are then moved on to the second round of interviews which are conducted in a group with other potential interns in their office once again, following this one is required to do a "homework" of gathering together 100 names of people who can become potential clients and you must conduct 7 interviews with people in the industry, this can be quite difficult for someone who doesn't know many people or who are intraverts, this is not the right job for you. Finally, you are brought back for a third and final time to present a slide show to the 4 heads of the internship program on why they should hire you and what skills you bring to the table. While the process is very tedious and time-consuming, overall it was a fairly easy process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with multiple phone call interviews with recruiters. After this, I got set up with final interview with branch Manager. Over the phone on this interview, was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship at Northwestern Mutual for the Fort Wayne location. When they called we scheduled a time for an over-the-phone interview. I had a phone interview, an in person interview, and then a final presentation.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked me about myself and my family, what challenges I faced. Do I like working with people?
    Some of my financial background . It was very friendly, she gave me a chance to respond, to be able think about my responses. She explained exactly what the job would be like, if I felt comfortable doing the job. It seemed to be a lot of sales and building your network.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (College Station, TX).

Interview

The whole interview process is them trying to see if you are going to have connections you can use to add to their client base. Their purpose with the intern program is to get more clients through your friends and family

Interview Questions

• How big is your network in this city? How many people do you know that would be seeking financial advice?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

4 rounds mostly behavioral, large focus on company values and fit, 3rd and 4th round was an exercise where i had to reach out to 10 of my friends/family and ask them a questionnaire

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly listening and understanding the position. All sales based compensation, which they discuss as being limitless. Short amount of time to asks questions, however it seems as if you show up you get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Omaha, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

got called and set up a 10 min interview. was pretty laid back and informal. was done before i realized it. was invited back to continue the application process. The second interview was about 45 minutes long, and if they like you they will offer you after this one. Got an offer and declined it

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was a very positive experience. Two interviewers asking a lot of situational type questions and overall trying to get to know you. Overall if you prepare for the interview and research the company you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a leadership position, what style of leadership did you chose to lead by   Answer Question