Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A series of Interviews where the interviewer ask questions to get some information on you. Then they show you videos so that you can get an idea of what goes on at the company. The last interview they require you to do a gathering of information from friends and family.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process, requires 3 interviews and a test-like thing for your third interview. Want you to sell insurance to your family and friends. I dont recumbent this company for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Called me in for a one hour interview. I was expecting there to be more questions that there were. Instead the interviewer talked a lot as if she was selling the company to me. It all felt like a sales pitch to get you to buy insurance and sell for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my parents did which to me felt like a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview seemed very jumbled and unorganized throughout the entire process. I had accepted the offer a semester prior to starting the internship before realizing the company was not well prepared for an internship program. Management was not professional or personable. I would highly recommend for those interested in this position to reconsider as the company did put more importance on the internship over school work.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on getting to know you versus the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met them at my career fair, and had an interview at their office the following week. I then had a second interview at their office, where I was given the task of contacting 7 people to get references.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to manage a team or a group of people?   Answer Question

It was an internship during the school year, which I could not do because I got another after-class job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening call, the second interview was a little harder, he asked why I wanted to work for NW mutual, and when I gave a typical answer, he did everything he could to rip me to shreds. I didn't get the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2017.

Interview

Went through three interviews and had to fly back for one of them. I made it very clear I was a sophomore and throughout the entire process said it was ok. Then called me after my third interview saying they do not hire sophomores.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions- major, minor, why Northwestern Mutual   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview i applied for the previous summer they made me drive an hour to a 10 minute interview. this internship is a sham, they rely on your social contacts to sell insurance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interviewer asked about me and clarified my resume. There were three main parts: Initial application, video interview (not live; recorded videos and sent them in), and Skype interview. Received offer 1 week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to an informational where they spoke about the company, the duties as an intern, and what to expect.
    After the informational, there was a one on one interview with HR.
    Once that`s over, we had to survey/interview 5 of our friends and family asking them if they would ever consider purchasing health insurance or accept financial services.
    After this, we were to meet up with the HR again debriefing our experience with the five friends/family members. Once that was over, we had to go and interview past interns which was really good, because it helped you understand what you can expect and what was good and bad about working there.
    Lastly, you speak with the Chief Leader Developer and interview with him.