Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process one that was on the phone and two that were in person. The last was a presentation. There was a presentation on 5 interviews you conducted with family members or friends.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

Very professional very nice people with interest in growing candidates that can help the company grow its resources. Specific job types not much flexibility. Can grow yourself in the company which is nice to know off the bat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy. You do more listening on talking as they try and sell you on the company. Super easy interview, however, the job clearly is not for everyone. Despite what they the internship is just selling your friends and family insurance and nothing else.

Interview Questions

• Do you ever see yourself owning a business?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very easy and generic. The interviewer asks about your connections and the ability to communicate and influence well as the position of Financial representative is more sales like job rather than investment exposure.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Albany, NY).

Interview

Tell us about yourself. They want to know that you are a competitive person, and that you support yourself with proper hobbies. They really look for someone who can meet deadlines and maintain a schedule. Time management and communication is a must.

Interview Questions

• If you were opening a brand new store, who would you invite to the grand opening?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online, they called me to set up an interview time. The interview was over the phone and all behavioral questions. I moved to round 2 which is in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greenwich, CT).

Interview

Pretty easy. I had a 1 on 1 with a woman who forgot that we had an interview so I met with a guy who was pretty relaxed and I was able to connect with him easily. He asked me the basics of why I want to work here, why should they hire me... Then I had an information session where it was a group of college students. The company seems to want to hire a lot of students.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a commission based salary? Why do you want one if you haven't?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a good interview experience. The interview was fairly easy and consisted of mostly behavioral questions, like they were trying to get to know you more as a person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2020.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. It wasn't bad but they were unclear about the fact that the program has no base salary and is only paid on commission, and that you have to solicit family and friends to "build your business"

Intern Interview

Interview

3 different interviews with personality testing. They will talk to you about sales and the impact of financial planning. This has to be 30 words but it wasn’t that complicated.