Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview seemed very jumbled and unorganized throughout the entire process. I had accepted the offer a semester prior to starting the internship before realizing the company was not well prepared for an internship program. Management was not professional or personable. I would highly recommend for those interested in this position to reconsider as the company did put more importance on the internship over school work.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on getting to know you versus the position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call for the interview but it was not well planned out. I ended up having an interview with a different representative but immediately when they heard that I am an F-1 visa student, they rejected the position to me in a very rude manner. Could have said that before driving down to their location and done it more professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great fit for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was definitely trying to sell Northwestern Mutual the entire time. She was very friendly and it was more laid back than I expected. Make sure to wear something business professional and find that balance between friendly and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Arrived at one of their offices in NYC and a financial advisor took me into his office and just had a casual conversation with me. After talking to him about a typical day on the job and how he got into the position he is in today, I was taken by the recruiter who had recruited me into a separate room. Here I was asked STAR questions such as What was time I failed and how did I respond to it and name by biggest achievement. Overall very easy interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Albany, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews followed by one at the office. It was a very laid back type of interview with a lot of behavioral questions rather than technical ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening call, the second interview was a little harder, he asked why I wanted to work for NW mutual, and when I gave a typical answer, he did everything he could to rip me to shreds. I didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

They ask you to refer a bunch of your friends for possible employment. They also give you an assignment where you have to contact a list of 20 people to try and sell them insurance... Felt a bit like an MLM but it's not. I think it's a good place for certain individuals but definitely not everyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you had and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Eugene, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

It was three rounds of interviews, first a phone screen, then you go in to meet the manager and then he asks you to come back after you do a survey of people's financial services experience.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Columbia, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I first started off with a 30 minute phone interview. These questions were just basic interview behavioral questions. The next round was a survey I had to complete with 10 people. After that got accepted I had to go into a in person interview which was more about how I could be successful.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2016.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen and then did two interviews with two different groups within the company. After the two interviews I decided which team I would join. Just express why you want to be there, have a good project to talk about, and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you approached a problem in a group   Answer Question