Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Dakota Dunes, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dakota Dunes, SD).

Interview

I signed up through school job fair. It was simple process where I had to create a powerpoint on myself. People were extremely nice. Seemed as if they just wanted more people to come on, not if I was qualified.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Was reached out to for a phone interview which was set up. The phone interview will decide if you get to come in for a face to face. The face to face interview was more of a job overview than interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Recruiter called me after we had representatives on campus. We schedule a Skype interview that lasted for about half an hour. No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and questions about how I handled challenges in the past. A few days after, they emailed me for a second on-site interview. After finding out this was mostly a sales internship, I withdrew from the candidacy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

A series of Interviews where the interviewer ask questions to get some information on you. Then they show you videos so that you can get an idea of what goes on at the company. The last interview they require you to do a gathering of information from friends and family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process, requires 3 interviews and a test-like thing for your third interview. Want you to sell insurance to your family and friends. I dont recumbent this company for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Called me in for a one hour interview. I was expecting there to be more questions that there were. Instead the interviewer talked a lot as if she was selling the company to me. It all felt like a sales pitch to get you to buy insurance and sell for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my parents did which to me felt like a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Interview seemed very jumbled and unorganized throughout the entire process. I had accepted the offer a semester prior to starting the internship before realizing the company was not well prepared for an internship program. Management was not professional or personable. I would highly recommend for those interested in this position to reconsider as the company did put more importance on the internship over school work.

Interview Questions

• questions were based on getting to know you versus the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met them at my career fair, and had an interview at their office the following week. I then had a second interview at their office, where I was given the task of contacting 7 people to get references.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to manage a team or a group of people?   Answer Question

It was an internship during the school year, which I could not do because I got another after-class job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening call, the second interview was a little harder, he asked why I wanted to work for NW mutual, and when I gave a typical answer, he did everything he could to rip me to shreds. I didn't get the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2017.

Interview

Went through three interviews and had to fly back for one of them. I made it very clear I was a sophomore and throughout the entire process said it was ok. Then called me after my third interview saying they do not hire sophomores.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions- major, minor, why Northwestern Mutual   1 Answer