Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interviewer asked about me and clarified my resume. There were three main parts: Initial application, video interview (not live; recorded videos and sent them in), and Skype interview. Received offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview i applied for the previous summer they made me drive an hour to a 10 minute interview. this internship is a sham, they rely on your social contacts to sell insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to an informational where they spoke about the company, the duties as an intern, and what to expect.
    After the informational, there was a one on one interview with HR.
    Once that`s over, we had to survey/interview 5 of our friends and family asking them if they would ever consider purchasing health insurance or accept financial services.
    After this, we were to meet up with the HR again debriefing our experience with the five friends/family members. Once that was over, we had to go and interview past interns which was really good, because it helped you understand what you can expect and what was good and bad about working there.
    Lastly, you speak with the Chief Leader Developer and interview with him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Arrived at one of their offices in NYC and a financial advisor took me into his office and just had a casual conversation with me. After talking to him about a typical day on the job and how he got into the position he is in today, I was taken by the recruiter who had recruited me into a separate room. Here I was asked STAR questions such as What was time I failed and how did I respond to it and name by biggest achievement. Overall very easy interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did only the first interview before realizing that this wasn't for me. I had applied online and was contacted by a recruiter and was recruited pretty aggressively for their summer internship program. I ultimately took another job but had a fairly positive experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Consisted of a personality test, then was invited in for an interview, given a task to call 10 people and survey them, then came back and they offered me the position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very basic, asked about me, talked about what I was alike. Several behavioral questions. Felt like they would have accepted anyone. As soon as the interview was over they transitioned into a job offer. A lot of the interview was them explaining what I would be doing if I was to accept the role.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in sales?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Typical 3-stage process. First was a fairly basic interview to get a feel for the candidate and try to to sell them the company and why its great to work there. Second interview was fairly similar, but they delved more into their sales process and gave me a worksheet to see if I can get referrals from people I personally know.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthy, took multiple weeks to complete. Seems like a scheme that they'll use your contacts that are mandatory for you to provide no matter if you get the job or not.

Other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Went it to the office and met with a recruiter. At first the interview was mainly about me (where I'm from, family, etc). Then we started talking about the job and how to be successful. It's basically about life insurance and your willingness to sell them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it to succeed.   Answer Question
    • Questions about your family and where you're from.   Answer Question
    • Who's your role model   Answer Question
    • If they called your role model right now and described you in three words, what would it be?   Answer Question

They want you to sell life insurance to people you know.