Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Columbia, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I first started off with a 30 minute phone interview. These questions were just basic interview behavioral questions. The next round was a survey I had to complete with 10 people. After that got accepted I had to go into a in person interview which was more about how I could be successful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process had many steps. First a phone interview, then asked to come back for an interview in the office. I was called for a third interview, which I declined.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I learned about the internship when representatives came o my schools career fair. They took my information and resume and contacted me the day afte the fair. My campus recruit was really awesome! It is a long and intensive hiring process and series of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

Starts with an easy phone screening, during which they ask a few behavioral questions to gauge your personality and interest. Easy to talk to, as they want you to work for them, and are not very selective. They then bring you for an on-site interview, which is also pretty easy; they want to gauge your ability to sell their insurance policies. At the end of the interview they give you a "market survey" in which you are to reach out to your own PERSONAL network to come up with a list of 50 possible references/clients. Though the process was easy and friendly, I did not like this business model. It almost feels like they pick up interns to simply extend their own network, though it is a good boost to your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Services Representative?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview process fairly easy. Send in your resume and have an interview with the recruiter. From there you have a follow up with one of the representatives. Just basic interview process

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Laid back. Easy questions. Didn't like the business model . Was offered the internship but turned it down after I did some research on their company. One good thing about the company is that they will sponsor you for your designations

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal what would you be.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

She called me at first but I missed her call so she emailed me to schedule an interview. I went in and everyone there was extremely nice. After filling out some preliminary questions, we went into her office to discuss what the company was about and getting to know more about me. Everything was relaxed and before I knew it, an hour had passed!

Interview Questions

• Questions getting to know me: what do you do for fun, what I study, what drives me.
      She was extremely nice and wanted to know who I was and if I was going to be a good fit for the team.
      Also, she mentioned I was one of the few who submitted a resume which was surprising.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Springfield, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Three separate interviews to tell you about the company and what your job would entail along with a project for you to complete to give you an idea of what you would be doing and if you are interested in coming in for more interviews. The final interview your are told whether or not you are going to be hired and you start paperwork for the job

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Morristown, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews, the first one was a phone interview where I was asked basic questions about myself. The second interview was in person, or in my case, on skype (because I was located too far from the office at the time) and they asked the typical interview questions like, who is your role model and why, what are your biggest strength/weaknesses, etc. Then for the third and final interview, I had to create a powerpoint on why the company is a good fit for me and why I'm a good fit for the company. This whole process was relatively easy but it was just very long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They talk to you about your connections. They want to know if you would be a good candidate with a lot of connections in your area in order for you to call them.