Northwestern Mutual Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.3

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2016.

Interview

Can be a long interview process; there is the initial interview that is more of an informational meeting, then there are 3-4 "onboarding" interviews. Each interview came with additional "homework" ranging from market surveys to establishing your target market, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One hour long. Great questions back and forth. Said I could make 300k in 5 years. Not sure how realistic that is but I am hopeful. I liked that they said they can sponsor me for getting my licenses and thats a huge benefit in my opinion. I am excited to see how it goes and everything i can learn from them.

Interview Questions

• What part of the industry attracts you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

A couple phone interviews and I was immediately turned off from the possibility of interning with them. The position was to sell life insurance as an intern with the minimum goal of getting 4 "lives" throughout the summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to give up your personal contacts in order to do this job?   1 Answer
    • What do your parents do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two face to face interviews that I had to go through where they asked basic interview questions about why I want the job and what I expect out of the internship. They also wanted to know my strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy, multiple interviews with a recruiter and the mentor you will be working with. The recruiter will look at your personality and goals. The mentor will want you to make a list of educated questions and talk to you about the company/position. Then they will want you to prospect people you know, mostly your family, as a test. This is where said wtf and turned it down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. First call with HR/Screening rep to get basic information. Second call with Senior Financial Planner who went over detailed information regarding internship and responsibilities. I would not recommend this opportunity because it is 100% insurance sales through your own friends and family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was at a conference where I recieved an on site interview. I sat with the recruiter and was asked very basic behavioral questions and asked about classes Ive taken that would help me with the position. Interview was pretty easy but by the end of it, I wasn't even sure if I still wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my go to language in coding and to describe a project that I used it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fairfield, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. You basically act like yourself and answer the questions honestly and they'll know if you could possibly thrive in the business. Don't try to tell them what they want to hear because they can tell.

Interview Questions

• They want to know a lot about the type of person you are. ie: urgent, organized, creative, talkative, etc. and they figure this out mostly with a test they make you take.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted an in depth presentation about the company and a description of the position, along with must have characteristics of ideal candidates. The first round interview itself was only one question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best fit for this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy, 2 interviews. All behavioral questions. Mostly about your personality and natural market. You have emphasize being social, outgoing, and having a large natural market. The internship has to do alot with who you know.

Interview Questions

• How big is your natural market?   1 Answer