Northwestern Mutual Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Internship Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I felt very comfortable, like the interviewer truly cared about helping me understand the company and understand what I'm really looking for to make sure that their opportunity was truly aligned with my personal goals. I left feeling excited about the company and the people there, seems like a great culture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

A brief 45 minute conversation with a girl who sounded like she graduated college last year. It was very laid back. Average interview questions. It was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied and had very quick two day response to set up an over the phone interview. Recruiter was very nice and helpful. The company internship seemed to offer a variety of positions and the application process was very efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable, the interviewer was very respectful and briefly asked some questions about myself and then proceeded to informing me about the company's background and goals and responsibilities for their interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a face to face interview just to get to know me a little better, asked basic information about myself. Then a second skype interview asked me to fill surveys (trying to get you to sell their products). Had the third interview but decided it wasn't for me and canceled it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you overcame adversity, and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable selling our products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two face to face interviews that I had to go through where they asked basic interview questions about why I want the job and what I expect out of the internship. They also wanted to know my strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. First call with HR/Screening rep to get basic information. Second call with Senior Financial Planner who went over detailed information regarding internship and responsibilities. I would not recommend this opportunity because it is 100% insurance sales through your own friends and family.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

I had and overall good experience. I met in one of their regional offices for my interview. During the interview I met with a few different HR people who were all friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, mostly asked about my background and what I was passionate about. They love entrepreneurial passion. If they decide to move forward with your interview process, they ask you to fill out paperwork with potential clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with a representative, they asked me to fill out a behavioral survey to judge if I was the right fit for the position before hand. During the interview it was almost all behavioral. The second interview was in person with a potential mentor for the internship. They went over in more detail the job description. If they think you are a good fit they ask you to do some market research to see how many connections you have for potential clients in the future. They have you return to the office to go over your market research and if they like what they see they offer you an internship.