Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. The company wants new hires to sell products to family members. Interviewer was very nice though and the interview process was very enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

was really good .explain thing clearly about the training and the salary with benefits.show the process of the job and the responsibility.I enjoy the interview and hope I will enjoy working with them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, which was not mentioned until you got there. Caught me off guard, it was a lecture rather than an interview. There was no possible way to get to know someone with 5 other people in the room. Spent the entire time going over a slide show of "Why we are the best." Overall it was good interview experience. Said they were interviewing 100 other candidates in the same setting and then would go back and choose 5-10 to call back for a second interview. Very interesting process they have overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went in for a face to face interview just to get to know me a little better, asked basic information about myself. Then a second skype interview asked me to fill surveys (trying to get you to sell their products). Had the third interview but decided it wasn't for me and canceled it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you overcame adversity, and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel comfortable selling our products?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is easy and done in a professional/relaxed environment. It is nothing to be too stressed about. Just like any interview process, come prepared with questions. The interviewer is friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or doubts you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening call, the second interview was a little harder, he asked why I wanted to work for NW mutual, and when I gave a typical answer, he did everything he could to rip me to shreds. I didn't get the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

It is straightforward. They explain you the job and tell you that you get paid by commission. Then they tell you that soft skills are more important than analytical skills for this job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable selling insurance to your friends?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2017.

Interview

Went through three interviews and had to fly back for one of them. I made it very clear I was a sophomore and throughout the entire process said it was ok. Then called me after my third interview saying they do not hire sophomores.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions- major, minor, why Northwestern Mutual   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

First contact came from a friend who works in the office, wanting to know if I was curious in talking with a recruiter about the position. Talked on the phone with recruiter the next morning and scheduled a meeting with them the following week. Meeting went very well and was conducted very professionally. Our first meeting consisted of basic interview questions, as well as a short video about a day in the life of a Financial Rep. My next interview was the following week, where I met with the same recruiter and another person and talked more about what the job would be like. Overall the process went very well and was the most professional interview I have ever been in.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds