Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,959 Interview Reviews

2.4

1,959 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the Interview. It was in three parts and included a test drive assignment. Asked everything from my childhood and family background to personal social relationships. Seems like they really do seek out high level candidates. I am a little skeptical about how they want you to use your own social contacts for sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a person successful and how do you fit that despcription   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Although this is one of the top ten internship, they just want you to sell their insurance products to your family and friends. If you are comfortable doing that, this is a good place.

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I thought it was extremely unprofessional when during the interview process, they asked me to refer 5 of my classmates for the same position. I still have 2 steps left in the process, and my friends have already been contacted. I thought this was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a situation in which you showed leadership?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I connected via LinkedIn with a recruiter. Then we emailed and I participated in a phone screening. I spoke with a recruiter and another intern. The call lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "Tell me about your family." I found this very odd. From my interview, it seemed the recruiters were more interested in my connections than my experiences.   Answer Question
    • What will be difficult about this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Called me in for a one hour interview. I was expecting there to be more questions that there were. Instead the interviewer talked a lot as if she was selling the company to me. It all felt like a sales pitch to get you to buy insurance and sell for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my parents did which to me felt like a sales pitch.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Started out with personality questions to get to know you. After around 10-15 questions, it was followed by company's backstory and successes within that branch. Talked about unlimited earnings potential but you have to start off by enlisting people you know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviewed at Internship fair and it was more of a "getting to know you" interview compared to behavioral assessment. Second round was more of a situation based interview and then they handed out a packet where you have to talk to 10 people about the job, and then get further references from those people. After that, you have to report back to the company to determine if the job is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were rejected from someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, ME) in March 2017.

Interview

was really good .explain thing clearly about the training and the salary with benefits.show the process of the job and the responsibility.I enjoy the interview and hope I will enjoy working with them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wilmington, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Came in for an information session to learn about the position. Got asked to take the Harrison Questionnaire which is a psychology test. Then asked to come in for an interview which was more informational and very casual. I was given surveys to fill out from friends and family.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more informational. What is your experience with sales? Are you able to do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, which was not mentioned until you got there. Caught me off guard, it was a lecture rather than an interview. There was no possible way to get to know someone with 5 other people in the room. Spent the entire time going over a slide show of "Why we are the best." Overall it was good interview experience. Said they were interviewing 100 other candidates in the same setting and then would go back and choose 5-10 to call back for a second interview. Very interesting process they have overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do when you graduate?   1 Answer