Northwestern Mutual Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

3-Step interview, had a few assignments to do for the interview. All in all it was an easy process. First was a skype interview, second was in office one on one, third was a panel where I had a make a presentation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was really just a networking session for the interviewer. I was asked for contacts even before any job offer was given. There was not much conversation on my experience, interests, skill set, or career path. I was given a packet of information to fill out and bring back upon the next interview or meeting, that would have my current 'network' and their information. The interviewer was friendly but very intense. Did not seem like she wanted to take no for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of 10 people right now that you could start your network with? Can you write them down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Providence, RI) in October 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interivews, literally everyone gets a position here. You have to have some kind of problem or really rub them the wrong way not to be given a position. They just want to go after your friends and families as they make 50 percent commission off of all of them. You have to give them 10 contacts, friends or family, and all of their contact info. This is so that they can contact them and try to sell them life insurance basically.

Interview Questions

• What I want to do when I graduate   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

There were about 3 or 4 interviews and it was a long strenuous process. It reminded me of Cutco which I absolutely hated. They want you to make cold calls for about 2 or 3 hours then do meetings with clients. Honestly I'm not calling my aunts and uncles and telling them to buy stuff from me for my own personal gain. Overall, it just was not a good fit for me but everyone is different.

Interview Questions

• How will this job help you in the future?   1 Answer

I got a better offer from another internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic interview. I was asked to walk them through my resume. I talked while the interviewer took notes on a copy of my resume. They asked follow up questions about my availability. They told me they would let me know in 2 weeks, but they never contacted me again.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews with the managers/HR and they just talk about the company and your resume. They ask you to take a personality quiz and discuss the results of the interview. They tell you about the internship and make you fill out these apps by talking to your friends and family

Interview Questions

• It was more them telling me about the company than asking me questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

Campus interview then on site interview. Not really that hard just know your resume and your accomplishments and you'll be fine. Don't expect them to ask any technical questions. As long as you know your stuff you will do fine. They ask alot of behavioral questions and like to get a feel for how you solve problems or would act in a certain situation.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was smooth. The person that interviewed me was friendly. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. I only spoke to one person and the interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cape Girardeau, MO).

Interview

I had two interviews with them and the first one was great. The lady that interviewed me was very nice and seemed interested in getting to know who I was. The second interview wasn’t so good. The second guy that interviewed me came across as very stand-offish and arrogant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fayetteville, AR) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, first a group interview and then another one or two individual interviews after that, but not very difficult. The interviewers are very kind and welcoming the entire time and took the time to walk me through all of my questions and concerns.