Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for College Financial Representative

Northwestern Mutual College Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.5

274 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Approached Northwestern Mutual at my college job fair and gave them my resume. Was contacted by a recruiter within a few weeks and then had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interview process for a satellite office is relaxed. It is more so a process to see if you vibe well with a member of that office. This process consists of several casual office/offsite meetings in which you, the candidate, answer questions about work ethic, personality, interpersonal relationships, and communication skills.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview, which involved more information on the college program.

Second step consisted a personality assessment.

Third step was a one-on-one interview with the Recruiter focusing on behavioral & past experiences. There was also case studies that are designed for the recruiter to evaluate your thought process, and determine if you are coach-able.

Last step you have to conduct market surveys with people you know about their experiences with the financial services industry. Make sure when you meet with the Recruiter you have questions about the market survey process, and be ready to explain what you learned from the surveys. Try to ask for as many referrals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a coach/mentor you've had?

Tell me about yourself?

What has been the biggest challenge in your life?

Describe how you set big goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Skokie, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

One behavioral phone interview, and then another in-person behavioral interview. Both interviews were very easy. At the in-person interview, they'll give you an assignment to complete and they'll follow up with you over the phone after a few weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview to get to know you, then you get called into a group interview/information session to learn more the company. Didn't proceed with the process just because it wasn't my type of field. NWM is really cool though!

Anonymous Employee in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wall, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and an on site interview. No technical questions, just want to see if your personality will do well in a sales role. They care much more about your involvement and if you seem to be an outgoing person compared to your academic background

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to build a network quickly and how you did so   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins by a person from NWM emailing you to set up a phone interview. If you move on, its a group meeting about what NWM can provide. They give you an assignment of contacting your friends and family to set up your clientele to begin your internship. I hated the idea of having to use my inner circle to make money. No clients, no money.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Nothing too difficult just looking to get to know who you are as a person. The internship is not for everyone but can be a great experience for the right person.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Started off as a group information session over the phone. After that was emailing to set up an in-person interview with recruiter. This was followed by a second interview with college unit director.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you encountered in your life and how did you over come it.
      Are you comfortable with a 100% commission structure.
      How do you feel about calling people you know and talking about the work you do.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. There were three main phases of the interview. First, they asked questions regarding your character and beliefs. Culture is a big thing with this company. The second and third ask you to do a marketing survey to determine whether or not you have enough support around you in order to be successful.