Northwestern Mutual Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017
1,465 Interview Reviews

2.4

1,465 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Absolutely horrible, scam. No one tells you specifics, beat around the bush and then first day ask you to call 40 of your friends/family. Would not recommend to anyone, ever

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be a financial planner? Cold call, cold call, cold call, complete waste of time   Answer Question

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Northwestern Mutual came onto our campus to recruit. The position is somewhat misleading as they strongly express that there is no need to contact friends and family, but in essence, the interview process involves you reaching out to family and/or friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions during the interview process. Questions were more behavior rather than technical. I was asked what the biggest strengths I had were and if I was personable. This job requires a lot of personal interaction so if that is not your cup of tea I would recommend against it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Great interview! Really care about pairing the write candidate for the right job. Company wants to see that you care about giving back to the community and want to grow yourself professionally.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person in your life.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were supposed to be three interviews. The first was by phone which was basically just a screening process. I rocked it but wound up turning down the offer for another interview due to the fact that this position is not for me. The use these interns to sell insurance to their families and friends. They never come out and directly say this unless you ask about it. This may be for some people but I didn't want to damage relationships but trying to push insurance on those I care about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a call with one of the representatives from North Western. They Ask what you know about the company and why you are interested.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews involving a personality profile test and meeting the Managing Director and Managing Partner of area office. It's all about how you might fit in with the company and how personally driven you are

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

First I received a text message from the recruiter, then a LinkedIn connection request, then we set up an informational interview, and then another interview, and lastly a survey that was to be completed, and the process ended with a job proposal.

Interview Questions

• They asked about life goals and where I would like to see myself in 5 years and what kind of life would I have at that point in time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview is mostly behvioral and background questions. They want to get to know you better, and see if you have a large network of potential clients. They emphasize that clients will not be given to, and it is your job to build your own clientbase as an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line to job posting. Contacted within two days for in person interview.
    It lasted fifteen minutes. Interviewer was very nice. Was given a brochure. They will be in contact later. I was asked if I had any questions. It happened so fast, outcome uncertain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family. I long have you lived at your residence? When are you going to retire?   1 Answer