Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,309 Interview Reviews

2.4

1,309 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Approached Northwestern Mutual at my college job fair and gave them my resume. Was contacted by a recruiter within a few weeks and then had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

3 step process.
    they are trying to buy you. they say they do not do cold calling. but i feel like they did. there are better internships out there rather than this one. Do your research first.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Interview

They show off high compensation that is almost impossible to get, and expect you to give them a list of contacts so they can abuse your connections. Its not the best financial advisor position.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interview process for a satellite office is relaxed. It is more so a process to see if you vibe well with a member of that office. This process consists of several casual office/offsite meetings in which you, the candidate, answer questions about work ethic, personality, interpersonal relationships, and communication skills.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Lengthy process with a lot of information. Met with 4-6 different people over the course of a couple weeks. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging, but i felt like i was asked the same questions by everyone. Plus, having to meet with so many different people and constantly take days off of my other job was a hassle.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process. A couple of phone interviews, video interview, then a face-to-face interview. Interviewers were very helpful and very open. All interviews were standard and a normal process. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for going into the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wellesley, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very laid back, some basic behavioral questions involved. Recruiter mainly wants to get to know your background and feel out how personable you are. Overall pretty casual process. Second step is a more applied process where you meet with people and ask them some basic questions and they ask how it went.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Had a great interview. The interviewer was extremely nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. She seemed interested in my input and contribute to the conversation. The questions were general for the most part and you would also be asks about specific things in your resume.

Interview Questions

• What a 3 core values that represent you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

its a four step interview process with different people. the first interview was really long. it took over an hour to complete. however it was very easy going and it did not seem that long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

3 part interview process. First part is a 30 mins phone interview where they ask basic questions and talk about the position. This is as far as I’ve gotten so far.