Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Oak Brook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and Lengthy but great people and comfortable interview process. Took about 4 interviews with different people and personality quiz. Very relaxed, if you be yourself you are fine they have a great culture and do a lot for you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to get to no more about me as a person on an individual basis. Asked about what I do outside of work for fun. Why I want to work for Nothwestern Mutual, and talk about my background and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they have a contract as it is commission only and pay very well if you are able to produce.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call and in person interview I wouldn't reccomend it's a lot of cold calling too old school and the lack of pay is obnoxious no offense to anyone who works there I personally can't afford to mooch off someone to make a bare minimum living

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One hour long. Great questions back and forth. Said I could make 300k in 5 years. Not sure how realistic that is but I am hopeful. I liked that they said they can sponsor me for getting my licenses and thats a huge benefit in my opinion. I am excited to see how it goes and everything i can learn from them.

Interview Questions

• What part of the industry attracts you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

A couple phone interviews and I was immediately turned off from the possibility of interning with them. The position was to sell life insurance as an intern with the minimum goal of getting 4 "lives" throughout the summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to give up your personal contacts in order to do this job?   1 Answer
    • What do your parents do?   1 Answer

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very fast and sometimes unprofessional, meet with three interviewers and the first two were at least 15 minutes late. The third interviewer was the College Unit Director who was the real decision maker and was actually interested if I was a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      How do you see your life at the end of college?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process, I was late in the interview process but it did not feel that way at all. The recruiters were understanding to my situation and made it a very educational process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you learned through a difficult scenario in your life.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in March 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was with Human Resources, and it was basic behavioral questions. The second interview was with the mentor, and she explained what working there would be like. I then got homework to write down 60 people in my network and to fill out market surveys for six people. The last interview was to discuss the homework, and then I got offered the job.

Financial Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Manpower. Received a time for an interview. Then went for the interview. There was two people. One person didn't say anything the other asked all the questions

Interview Questions

• Whats your familiarity with Excel   1 Answer

OI Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was conducted through Montage. I wasn't thrilled with the experience because it was a difficult program to figure out, but it was nice that I could interview using technology. I would have much preferred an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Hadoop is?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3-4 days. I first met a recruiter while at a job fair and from there setup a time and date for an interview. The interview was at the office and it took about 20-25 minutes. I declined the offer because I didn't want to sell insurance to friends and family.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2015.

Interview

Not bad. You interview with HR, then your potential boss. You are walked through what the process of becoming a financial representative is. Pros and Cons. However, the Pros are way rosier than real life.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to not make money in the first few years?   Answer Question