Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

It is straightforward. They explain you the job and tell you that you get paid by commission. Then they tell you that soft skills are more important than analytical skills for this job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable selling insurance to your friends?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in February 2017.

Interview

Went through three interviews and had to fly back for one of them. I made it very clear I was a sophomore and throughout the entire process said it was ok. Then called me after my third interview saying they do not hire sophomores.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions- major, minor, why Northwestern Mutual   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lawrence, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Ask some questions about u. And provide information that help u to understand the company. The HR Will bring a paper that shows all the question. And will select some questions from the paper

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

First contact came from a friend who works in the office, wanting to know if I was curious in talking with a recruiter about the position. Talked on the phone with recruiter the next morning and scheduled a meeting with them the following week. Meeting went very well and was conducted very professionally. Our first meeting consisted of basic interview questions, as well as a short video about a day in the life of a Financial Rep. My next interview was the following week, where I met with the same recruiter and another person and talked more about what the job would be like. Overall the process went very well and was the most professional interview I have ever been in.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds

Future Growth Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiting person I spoke to was very nice. She was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Even though they didn't have an opportunity for me, she was going to pass my resume to other departments. Very few companies take the time to help candidates like that. Thank you Northwestern Mutual. I look forward to joining your team in the future.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically talked about how I got to where I was and where I wanted to be. Then wanted me to get a bunch of names and numbers to prove I could do it and come back. A lot of information they gave and told me seemed to be to good to be true. After talking with many people that's exactly what it was.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2016.

Interview

Gave me a phone call to set a phone interview next week. Though the interview, I noticed this job is nothing about financial, it is more like sales.This job does not have a base salary, and this job does not sponsor H1B, she can not offer this job to me.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Within a week I was called to meet the recruiter who asked me about general questions about my interest and a task. The tasks was to come up with up to 20 contacts about professionals I know of who will be interest on buying or changing their insurance.

Interview Questions

• Do you have connections with professionals in your community who will be open to inform you about their insurance?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call for the interview but it was not well planned out. I ended up having an interview with a different representative but immediately when they heard that I am an F-1 visa student, they rejected the position to me in a very rude manner. Could have said that before driving down to their location and done it more professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great fit for the position?   1 Answer