Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.4

463 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview is mostly behvioral and background questions. They want to get to know you better, and see if you have a large network of potential clients. They emphasize that clients will not be given to, and it is your job to build your own clientbase as an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line to job posting. Contacted within two days for in person interview.
    It lasted fifteen minutes. Interviewer was very nice. Was given a brochure. They will be in contact later. I was asked if I had any questions. It happened so fast, outcome uncertain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family. I long have you lived at your residence? When are you going to retire?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a generally relaxed interview. Met with a recruiter for the firm and we spoke about potential career and life aspirations and how working at the firm could facilitate those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Auburn, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted for around 30 minutes, they asked multiple questions and that included asking about what I did while in high school along with what I was currently involved with in college.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview to get to know you, then you get called into a group interview/information session to learn more the company. Didn't proceed with the process just because it wasn't my type of field. NWM is really cool though!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was at a conference where I recieved an on site interview. I sat with the recruiter and was asked very basic behavioral questions and asked about classes Ive taken that would help me with the position. Interview was pretty easy but by the end of it, I wasn't even sure if I still wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my go to language in coding and to describe a project that I used it   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Employer held a fit-based phone screen, lasted about 15 minutes, no technicals, very straightforward. Realized the job wasn't for me after hearing more about it. Very enthusiastic interviewer though and it sounded like a positive work environment.

Campus Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (York, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Casual talk about my background, ask about my experience, what I like to do. More like a chatting. Very casual. Got to ask questions to the employer. There are 3 interviews in total.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2017.

Interview

Got called in for a meeting with a recruiter to hear about the financial representative roles at Northwestern Mutual. Very conversational. It was more of a meeting to hear about the company and the commission based salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

The first meeting I had was at a coffee shop in which I was assessed for my work ethic, personality/fit, and whether this job was right for me. I was then invited back to the office to meet more members.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that would make you a great fit for the job?   Answer Question