Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
2,022 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Adviser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

5 interviews along with a Culture index. They really want to make sure you can fit into the job itself. not everybody can do it. the company is 160 years old. they have seen it all and know exactly what they are looking for

Interview Questions

• can you call 100 people today get 100 no's and call 100 more tomorrow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter setting up first interview
    In person interview with recruiter asked general background and educational questions
    2x In person interview with college unit director
    During these interviews they give you an information packet and instructions on completing the project 200, online training, and required tests

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY).

Interview

There are three interviews that comprise the interview process. The first interview is based on your personality. The second interview is based on your ability to generate a network. And the third interview is based on your ability to sit in front of people that you know to have financial planning conversations.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

A brief 45 minute conversation with a girl who sounded like she graduated college last year. It was very laid back. Average interview questions. It was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

very good, I enjoyed the internet and was given great insight on the company. The managing directer was very helpful in decision making. This is a great company to work for.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and easy. Most of it was personal and behavioral questions. At the end of the second round of interviews, they ask you to get the contact information of 10 people in your network and interview/ get 5 referrals from each.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to envision myself in a meeting with a client and given limited financial information about the client, then I was asked to think about what I would ask him and why.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I was comfortable selling insurance to friends and family.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. The company wants new hires to sell products to family members. Interviewer was very nice though and the interview process was very enjoyable.

College Financial Representative Interview

Interview

I was impressed with the thoroughness of the Interview. It was in three parts and included a test drive assignment. Asked everything from my childhood and family background to personal social relationships. Seems like they really do seek out high level candidates. I am a little skeptical about how they want you to use your own social contacts for sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes a person successful and how do you fit that despcription   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

Although this is one of the top ten internship, they just want you to sell their insurance products to your family and friends. If you are comfortable doing that, this is a good place.

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I thought it was extremely unprofessional when during the interview process, they asked me to refer 5 of my classmates for the same position. I still have 2 steps left in the process, and my friends have already been contacted. I thought this was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a situation in which you showed leadership?   Answer Question