Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,161 Interview Reviews

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially you talk with an account manager to gauge interest, which you are then referred to the recruiter for an actual interview. After this process you have an additional phone interview with the branch manager as well as an informal lunch meeting

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very quick- well paced- very professional but not stuffy- phone interview was great-next was a video interview that was very cool~ I was a bit nervous having never done a phone interview but the interviewer really put me at ease.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Thorough process, I was late in the interview process but it did not feel that way at all. The recruiters were understanding to my situation and made it a very educational process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you learned through a difficult scenario in your life.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One hour long. Great questions back and forth. Said I could make 300k in 5 years. Not sure how realistic that is but I am hopeful. I liked that they said they can sponsor me for getting my licenses and thats a huge benefit in my opinion. I am excited to see how it goes and everything i can learn from them.

Interview Questions

• What part of the industry attracts you?   1 Answer

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins by a person from NWM emailing you to set up a phone interview. If you move on, its a group meeting about what NWM can provide. They give you an assignment of contacting your friends and family to set up your clientele to begin your internship. I hated the idea of having to use my inner circle to make money. No clients, no money.

Distribution Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard corporate interview process. Phone interview with HR, then in person interview with 2-3 team members. Mostly behavioral/background questions but a few accounting related technical questions. HR was friendly but the team was less professional. Seemed very much in a hurry, speaking quickly and with a poor attitude. Interviewer made little eye contact and acted like it was a huge drag to be interviewing someone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process wasn't very long. I started off with an initial interview with my recruiter. She asked very simple and personal questions nothing major. I then meet with the college director for a interview. And I had one more with him then he offered me the internship. I took about 2 weeks total maybe less.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online.. got an email asking to schedule in person interview, meanwhile a simple online personality test, then 1-1 In person interview (discussing about your position, company etc), then another behavioral test and then two more interviews..

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2017.

Interview

There is a total of 3 interviews: 1st with a recruiter who goes over your experience and the comapny; 2nd is with head of the regional office - this interview seemed to be more of a sales pictch where they tried to convince interviewees to take the position (It seemed to much of a hard sell to me); 3rd would be with the marketing head where they go over which markets you could target to hit sales goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself financially in 5 years? Do you want to have an unstructured work schedule, be entrepreneurial, etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Awesome. very open. very honest. answered all questions honestly and talked about what the whole process would look like from the moment I walked in the door. They interview a lot of people so its a well run process.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready, financially, to commit to a commission only compensation structure?   1 Answer