Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

441 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds

Future Growth Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiting person I spoke to was very nice. She was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Even though they didn't have an opportunity for me, she was going to pass my resume to other departments. Very few companies take the time to help candidates like that. Thank you Northwestern Mutual. I look forward to joining your team in the future.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically talked about how I got to where I was and where I wanted to be. Then wanted me to get a bunch of names and numbers to prove I could do it and come back. A lot of information they gave and told me seemed to be to good to be true. After talking with many people that's exactly what it was.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2016.

Interview

Gave me a phone call to set a phone interview next week. Though the interview, I noticed this job is nothing about financial, it is more like sales.This job does not have a base salary, and this job does not sponsor H1B, she can not offer this job to me.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Within a week I was called to meet the recruiter who asked me about general questions about my interest and a task. The tasks was to come up with up to 20 contacts about professionals I know of who will be interest on buying or changing their insurance.

Interview Questions

• Do you have connections with professionals in your community who will be open to inform you about their insurance?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call for the interview but it was not well planned out. I ended up having an interview with a different representative but immediately when they heard that I am an F-1 visa student, they rejected the position to me in a very rude manner. Could have said that before driving down to their location and done it more professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great fit for the position?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2016.

Interview

It took two interviews for me to realize it was just a recruiting effort on their part. So be careful if they mine your LinkedIn page and ask you to refer people from your network for them to call on. This might not be every Branch but the Callaway Black branch certainly utilizes interviews for employment leads with no intention of hiring you.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any good candidates?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable with fair questions that required some critical thinking. Not as demanding as I thought it would be. Very nice interviewers who showed genuine interest in learning more about me. The key to this interview was that by making me feel comfortable, I felt much more comfortable providing answers to them, thus creating a win-win situation for both sides.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lansing, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a college recruiter for an interview. I set up an in person interview at their office. The interview was very laid back. I didn't set up a second interview with the recruiter because the position wasn't a good fit for me.

Financial Planner/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was respectful. Partners seemed to be honest about the sales experience and the job responsibilities. They were mostly looking for past successful sales experience or a total beginner to start with their natural market.