Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017
2,115 Interview Reviews

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sioux Falls, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

I have only talked with the recruiter, she gave me a lot of information on how the company operates. She said that I interviewed well and was a perfect candidate. I have completed the personality tests and now am scheduled for my second meeting tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest dissapointment you wish you could change in your past?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming and personal interview process. Both the secretary and hiring manager were exceptional people and really seemed to be interested in helping me. Although the commute down to Stamford was a hassle, the people in the office were very supportive and nothing bad could be said about the process as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What type of career are you looking for at Northwestern?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total for me.
    The first one was just an informational interview where they told us how it would all work.
    The second one I had to prepare a presentation to the recruiter and pretty much show why I wanted the internship.
    The final interview I met with a more senior associate who had the final say if I would get the position.

Interview Questions

• Am I more of a social person or one that likes to work with numbers.   Answer Question
    • Did I have any entrepreneurial ideas or ever want to start something.   Answer Question
    • Tell them a little bit about myself and why I wanted to join Northwestern.   Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews. Initial, one interviewer, informational and introductory(getting to know you)
    Second, mostly informational. Third, Really getting to know you and your fit. Testing basic knowledge. The third interview is the most important. It is where the decision is made. You will meet the main manager for the internship then and it is important to truly stand out here. Many apply to the internship as it is very prestigious.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you overcame a large obstacle in your life   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Four interview process that consists of a phone screening, an in-person interview with the recruiter, a second in-person interview with a senior person at the location, and the final interview.

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very swift and professional. I was interviewed three times. All three times were in person. One was with another person but most were very personal. For the third interview you must prepare some recommendations. Good for seeing if you will do well at the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dakota Dunes, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dakota Dunes, SD).

Interview

I signed up through school job fair. It was simple process where I had to create a powerpoint on myself. People were extremely nice. Seemed as if they just wanted more people to come on, not if I was qualified.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard interview. Asked why I was interested in NML and a few basic questions about my interest in this field. All in all, had three separate interviews before offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this type of profession?   Answer Question

Campus Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had one thirty minute interview over the phone and then an in person interview a couple days later. They were very nice and the process was super easy.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

It was a three interview process. The first is informational about the company, the second is about you, and the third is to accept the offer. After offer acceptance you must train for certifications to be contracted