Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

457 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university portal. They asked me to complete an online survey. Once the result had been submitted, they contacted me for an interview the next few days. Interviewed at the LA office but I did not get the offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pullman, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st Interview: Get to know each other and hear about the internship program.

2nd Interview: Once again get to know your interviewer, learn more about the company, complete market surveys

Follow-up : Go over market Surveys

Final Interview: Offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the Financial Services Industry.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lake Charles, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

First contact came from a friend who works in the office, wanting to know if I was curious in talking with a recruiter about the position. Talked on the phone with recruiter the next morning and scheduled a meeting with them the following week. Meeting went very well and was conducted very professionally. Our first meeting consisted of basic interview questions, as well as a short video about a day in the life of a Financial Rep. My next interview was the following week, where I met with the same recruiter and another person and talked more about what the job would be like. Overall the process went very well and was the most professional interview I have ever been in.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds

Future Growth Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiting person I spoke to was very nice. She was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Even though they didn't have an opportunity for me, she was going to pass my resume to other departments. Very few companies take the time to help candidates like that. Thank you Northwestern Mutual. I look forward to joining your team in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

They gave me a paper to list my friends that would be interested in the “opportunity” to sell insurance. After they saw that I had left it blank, the interviewer really just politely dismissed me.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an informational skype session then went in for an interview in the office. The interview was a little awkward and they didn't get back to me even though I felt pretty good about it. I think this internship is a little bit of a scam meant to get your family and friends as clients and when I said I was uncomfortable with that then they lost interest.

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to make a difficult decision without consulting leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically talked about how I got to where I was and where I wanted to be. Then wanted me to get a bunch of names and numbers to prove I could do it and come back. A lot of information they gave and told me seemed to be to good to be true. After talking with many people that's exactly what it was.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2016.

Interview

Gave me a phone call to set a phone interview next week. Though the interview, I noticed this job is nothing about financial, it is more like sales.This job does not have a base salary, and this job does not sponsor H1B, she can not offer this job to me.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Within a week I was called to meet the recruiter who asked me about general questions about my interest and a task. The tasks was to come up with up to 20 contacts about professionals I know of who will be interest on buying or changing their insurance.

Interview Questions

• Do you have connections with professionals in your community who will be open to inform you about their insurance?   1 Answer