Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

short interview where they get to know you and online survey to determine your strengths. if i continued there would have been 4 interviews total and lead me to believe I would start right after interview process. having a willingness to sell to people you know personally is very important to the job.

Interview Questions

• Will you sell to your friends and family?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

You do an introductory interview and then they do a second interview. They ask you basic questions like where do you live and other basic stuff. They let you know right away if you are of interest or not yet they ask too many personal questions. Overall, this place is only for those who have money to spend since this place does not offer a salary and they rely on you to use your own network.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They made you complete an excel with at least 60 names of people between the age of 25 and 50 that you knew and make a powerpoint presentation about the company and yourself. I was uncomfortable with the 60 names because that is who you would be selling to and I do not want to sell to my friends and family.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you faced adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a call a day after submitting my resume. Spoke briefly about why I was interested and arranged a phone interview about a week later. She gave me additional information on the internship and asked me questions about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Second round phone interview. They basically want someone who is willing to sell and come up with their own personal list of people to sell the products to. I'm not really interested into the position so I rejected it

Interview Questions

• Where are you from? What do your parents do? Where did you go to high school etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First thing they asked me to do was list 5 people who would be good fit for a job. They proceeded to show us a video and kept pushing "top 10 internship" down their throats.

They were always really positive about the company. They also sold "warm leads" and personal selling very hard.

Interview Questions

• When were you in a position where you had to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Director of Client Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal, I interviewed with the office manager as well as the person whose role that I would be taking over. The interview went really well, but I did not get an offer based on my lack of experience. The interviewers went out of their way to let me know that they thought I was a great candidate and shared some feedback with me about their concerns.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of constructive criticism that you took and turned into a positive?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It is extensive. They do try to give you a glimpse of the every day life as a Financial Representative. There are minimum of 3 interviews. You also have a couple of assignments to help determine your market place and capacity to do the job. After all of the background checks and assignments are done, you will have to try and get as many of your licenses before you report to sales school.

Interview Questions

• What I knew of Northwestern Mutual and the opportunity that I applied for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview process had many steps. First a phone interview, then asked to come back for an interview in the office. I was called for a third interview, which I declined.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I learned about the internship when representatives came o my schools career fair. They took my information and resume and contacted me the day afte the fair. My campus recruit was really awesome! It is a long and intensive hiring process and series of interviews.