Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,166 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Morristown, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for one interview after being contacted by HR. During the interview the HR department made it seem more like a final step interview/acted as if I had already committed.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview and it seemed with the recruiter. She was OK, but was not as knowledgeable about the position, products, and software's used as I wish she would have been. All in all it was OK.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3-4 days. I first met a recruiter while at a job fair and from there setup a time and date for an interview. The interview was at the office and it took about 20-25 minutes. I declined the offer because I didn't want to sell insurance to friends and family.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Started off as a group information session over the phone. After that was emailing to set up an in-person interview with recruiter. This was followed by a second interview with college unit director.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you encountered in your life and how did you over come it.
      Are you comfortable with a 100% commission structure.
      How do you feel about calling people you know and talking about the work you do.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the office and interviewed with the branch manager in the conference room. Discussed background (education, skills, resume, etc.) and specifics of the job (responsibilities, requirements, etc.) . Was given a personality assessment to gauge compatibility for the position. Branch manager was extremely personable, and the interview was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a job that is almost solely based on commission earnings.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lancaster, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Slightly lengthy. You will go through 3 separate interviews and each consecutive interview is dependent on how the previous interview goes. You will take a personality quiz, which is helpful to them for determining if you will be a good candidate for the job. You will have to pass the state Life & Health exam before beginning your internship.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Straight forward interview that had a catch to it: they want to know who you know and basically your connections. The recruiters are very approachable and easy to talk with. At times it did not even feel like I was in a professional interview because of how casual the process was.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anyone you would recommend to Northwestern Mutual?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lancaster, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is pretty extensive. You'll go through 3 in-person interviews and be asked to do some work for the second and third interviews before you're offered the internship. You also have to pass a PA Life & Health exam before starting your internship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple meetings with managing director of the branch I was being recruited to. Personality trait quiz. In-depth discussion regarding compensation structure and emphasis on building your own book of business

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you helped someone and how that made you feel.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview is very easy, just an informational interview. Very friendly recruiters.
    However, I was canceled on for my first scheduled interview very last minute and when I showed up for the rescheduled interview, my interviewer was not there and they had to find a random recruiter to interview me.