Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,953 Interview Reviews

2.4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (La Crosse, WI).

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple rounds of interviews. I only did the first one as I found out afterwards the culture fit and job was not for me. The asked a lot about where my family and friends were located and if I would feel comfortable reaching out to them to sell insurance to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your connections with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview so far. I am newer to the area and I was told a "test" to show my success is to write names and numbers of people I could sell to (pretty much only in the state). No network= no pay.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Bloomington, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with Recruiting Director. Very personal and in-depth questions. They want to know why you are interested in the position and the firm, whether you are willing to make phone calls, push yourselves to make a sale, or willing to commit to a full-time career there. Want you to recommend other students and be able to reach out to people you know to introduce their products and services.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very professional and friendly. I was offered a position but i declined. My interviewer was very warm and welcoming to the company and was very helpful for a student having an interview for the first time in Manhattan.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from and how would you say that affected you as a person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply through school website, got call and interview on phone right away, and then go to info session, write what we know abt comp after the info session, called for interview after 1 week. I think there will be 3 rounds

Future Growth Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiting person I spoke to was very nice. She was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Even though they didn't have an opportunity for me, she was going to pass my resume to other departments. Very few companies take the time to help candidates like that. Thank you Northwestern Mutual. I look forward to joining your team in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Traverse City, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The process is competitive. Only one out of 80 interviewees are offered a contract. There are approximately four interviews in total. The first is a short interview with a presentation at the end. Then there is values screening and psychological evaluations. Secondly, there is an in-depth interview with the director. This is followed by a homework assignment involving surveys and a presentation of findings. Lastly, there is an interview with a panel of other representatives.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

4 different interviews with assignments. First Interview was just an in person interview where they described the company and the internship. The second interview I had to bring in a list of all my friends and family to show them how big my network is. Third I had to call 4 people on my list and ask them questions that they prepared. The last was a powerpoint presentation in front of 4 people.

Interview Questions

• What does your network look like   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process. The first one was a get-to-know-you type interview, the second went in depth about the resume and personal accomplishments, and the third discussed a market survey you are required to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go in-depth and tell them about specific things on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy but seems like they will hire nearly anyone. They have about a 5 or 6 step process and they make you basically start doing the job before they hire you. The length of time it takes to complete this interview process is pretty absurd and I think it is designed to make you think it is super selective when it is definitely not.