Northwestern Mutual Investment Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Investment Advisor Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview started with being contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter sat down with me for almost 2 hours and found out all about me. She took the time to find out what my interests were, my family/economic situation and what my driving forces were for considering that type of work. The next step was an online evaluation. I'm waiting those results now.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider great customer service.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Glastonbury, CT) in October 2009.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a job fair, 2 days later was contacted to set up an interview. The interview was open and real...feel like they know exactly what they are looking for and when they find it they essentially are their to confirm their feelings and see how you react as they begin to sell the company, structure and culture. This is obviously all my experience and opinion. It's an easy interview if you are as open as they are and are a good fit for what they are looking for...some companies seem to still put you through some hoops even when they know they want you.

Interview Questions

• The questions were directly related to work experience, realistic about what you expect from working in the field, etc   1 Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2010.

Interview

Very thorough in interviewing process. Before the first interview I did a personality test. Then I met with the managing director. After that interview I did another test specifically designed for ability in financial industry. I had another interview with associates. Then if I wanted to continue I needed to do market surveys with friends, relatives, and those who were referred by friends / relatives.

Interview Questions

Though the investment advisor offers both insurance and investment options, they have a very insurance (risk) based core. Also you start with friends and family in building your book. Also your book is owned NML and not yours.