Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through college website. Was contacted by the recruiter and interviewed at the Park Ave office in New York City. The interview was straightforward with scenario based question. Very laid back. The advisor was very nice and the interview was not very long

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

very good, I enjoyed the internet and was given great insight on the company. The managing directer was very helpful in decision making. This is a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer which scheduled me for the onsite interview. The office was in Manhattan near the D train subway station in the Chinatown which is not a clean neighborhood. The interview lasted about 40 minutes as the interviewer asked less about me and talked more about the company, products, and the work environment as I have explained her my knowledge about their business and she was highly impressed by it. Then after the interview, I was given three handouts in which I need 21 people to fill out seven surveys. They want to explore your contacts to sell the insurance and their products. They pay $1000 stipend to interns for the 10-week program in summer which is very cheap. And they don't sponsor H-1 B, so if you are an international student don't even waste your time for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds.
    The first round is about 30 minutes general interview questions.
    The second round is completing some projects and tasks they assigned me.
    The third round is a presentation to two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable, the interviewer was very respectful and briefly asked some questions about myself and then proceeded to informing me about the company's background and goals and responsibilities for their interns.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

The office in Manhattan on park ave., I entered and was greeted by the front desk to fill out a in-take form. Sat in the waiting room being 20 minutes early, I saw two candidates get taken in for interviews. The lobby is very nice, great office space.

I was greeted by hiring manager Caitlin, she was pleasantly outgoing. She went over my past experience, wanted to know what I had been doing since I graduated and what I wanted in a role. Very conversational lasted about 45 minutes and presented the personality test to me. She went over what the test results were and how they were good for sales lead role and called me back for a second interview.

The second round interview met with one of the managers. He was hesitant at first, he had a notepad to list what I wanted to talk about, before engaging in any conversation. He went over what the role was, how the structure of the company and then broke down in a presentation the numbers of what is needed to succeed.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Phone Interviews, Very personality oriented. Focus on resume first two interviews. Ask what motivates you last one and make sure you are a motivated individual before they hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Went through the Financial Representative position and what the job entailed. Went through my resume briefly and asked me some questions. The main goal wasn't based on my background or experience but mores whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself fit for this position?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process is easy and done in a professional/relaxed environment. It is nothing to be too stressed about. Just like any interview process, come prepared with questions. The interviewer is friendly and more than happy to answer any questions or doubts you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening call, the second interview was a little harder, he asked why I wanted to work for NW mutual, and when I gave a typical answer, he did everything he could to rip me to shreds. I didn't get the offer.