Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Northwestern Mutual

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward and the people involved were friendly. I had a phone screening, in-person interview, online assessment, then second in-person interview. The interviews were conversational and seemed pretty casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly average, mostly questions on work ethics and personality. They don't ask any tricky questions. Very professional, not at all intimidating. There is a vey friendly atmosphere, but definitely show up in highly-professional attire.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 step process. Phone interview and 2 in person. Very casual conversations discussing history, company culture, what you value in your workplace and what your interests are in a career there. They focus more heavily on personality, interpersonal skills and communication skills. This was great for someone like me who was making a career change and looking for a company to take a chance on me in a field I was completely unfamiliar with. Throughout the process, I felt like it was more of a casual conversation than an interview which helped open me up during each meeting and allowed me to feel confident in accepting the role. They value what you want not only in your career but your life as well, and it was incredibly refreshing to finally meet with a company that knows your career is not your entire life. The phone interview was about 15-20 minutes, second interview took about an hour and the third interview was 2 hours.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and professional. Phone interview, in-person with the team lead and final interview with division leader. The leadership team was kind and professional. I felt that they were very truthful about the position and the company. The peer group interview was fun and they were eager to accept helpful tips and tricks about recruiting. Would be a good group to work with every day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about networking and attending after hours events   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

Spoke with Senior Recruiter and then Regional Director about my experience and what I liked to do for fun. They also touched base a lot on why I enjoyed recruiting.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Huntington, NY).

Interview

I applied through Indeed and had someone reach out to me via email a few weeks later, asking to schedule an in person meeting. Upon arriving to the office, everyone was extremely friendly which made me feel welcome there! The woman I met with was a recruiter and she was very friendly and the interview was casual and flowing. She told me she’d email me the next day to set up a meeting with their managing partner. I met with him the following week. He asked me what I knew about the position, and asked a little about my background and what not. Another easy conversational and flowing interview. Overall was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Garden City, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Was called 3 days after I applied to come in for an interview. Met with the Hiring Manager & was asked to come in for a second interview later that day.

4 days later I had a 2nd interview and met with the Head Recruiter. Was told they would have a decision by mid February. Still waiting for an email or phone call back with their decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to achieve in 5 years? Career & Personal Goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The team did an excellent job getting to know me on a personal level. The interview was not at all transactional, they really illustrated a high level of customer service and genuinity. I really enjoyed the culture of the team, which in turn, gave me further reason to continue the interview process. They are not trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, if the position seems like a good fit for both parties, they will move forward accordingly

Interview Questions

• Questions about my family. It was nothing intrusive, but they seemed like they wanted to get to know more about me anbd my family. It helped put down my barriers, and open up to them. It was difficult, but i appreciated it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was contacted by this company with them stating that the college I went to, the interviewer was nice and knowledgeable, but it was for a new position and they didn't really know what I would be doing. Kind of a turn off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A woman came to meet me on campus of my university and gave me a very casual interview and described the roll or a recruiting intern. She asked me very simple questions, like what challenges have you faced? Do you like to work in teams? It was very casual and at a coffee shop on campus. She told me to take a personality quiz after, which I did. She said she would get back to me in a few days, almost two weeks later I emailed her, and she said she would give me a call the next day. The next day at 6 she called me to offer me the position. Very easy process.