Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 step process. Phone interview and 2 in person. Very casual conversations discussing history, company culture, what you value in your workplace and what your interests are in a career there. They focus more heavily on personality, interpersonal skills and communication skills. This was great for someone like me who was making a career change and looking for a company to take a chance on me in a field I was completely unfamiliar with. Throughout the process, I felt like it was more of a casual conversation than an interview which helped open me up during each meeting and allowed me to feel confident in accepting the role. They value what you want not only in your career but your life as well, and it was incredibly refreshing to finally meet with a company that knows your career is not your entire life. The phone interview was about 15-20 minutes, second interview took about an hour and the third interview was 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The process was straightforward and the people involved were friendly. I had a phone screening, in-person interview, online assessment, then second in-person interview. The interviews were conversational and seemed pretty casual.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Three Step Process with a phone interview, on-site meeting and third on-site meeting. Did not ask any necessarily unexpected questions pertaining to my experience... examples include: where you see yourself in the future, what interested you in applying to the position, what do I feel least confident about in my ability to do the job, etc. Although, a lot of uncomfortable questions were asked including what my parents do for a living, what my siblings do, what my boyfriend does, who I live with, how long I have lived with my boyfriend, how I met my boyfriend, is my boyfriend a happy person, do they like their jobs, etc. Essentially questions that were not relevant in whether I could do the job or not. When I asked why I was being asked such questions, they said they wanted to know if I could talk about uncomfortable things, which made zero sense to me, this is suppose to be a professional interview. Honestly a disappointing experience. I've never been asked so many questions that did not pertain to my skills of whether I could do the job or not.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Had to take an assessment and asked leadership questions. I was very nervous as it was one of my first interviews. I also received an office tour and met some people in key positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't get along with another co-worker. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process, began with a phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews with Managing Directors and Chief Development Officer. I gained a thorough understanding of the company culture, expectations of role, and leadership styles.

Interview Questions

• 5 and 10 year goals (personal, professional, financial) how would my friends/family describe me, what am I passionate about, involvement in community/outside organizations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call out of the blue saying they came across my resume and liked my background. I came in for an interview which was standard and easy. Lasted about 45 min. I asked on two separate occasions what the salary was and they would not give me an answer. Not even a ballpark range. Sounded very sketchy and I got a bad feeling from it. Anyways, they called a week later saying "they decided to go in a different direction." AKA they were looking for a desperate new college grad that they could give a low ball offer to and not have them ask any questions.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly average, mostly questions on work ethics and personality. They don't ask any tricky questions. Very professional, not at all intimidating. There is a vey friendly atmosphere, but definitely show up in highly-professional attire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A woman came to meet me on campus of my university and gave me a very casual interview and described the roll or a recruiting intern. She asked me very simple questions, like what challenges have you faced? Do you like to work in teams? It was very casual and at a coffee shop on campus. She told me to take a personality quiz after, which I did. She said she would get back to me in a few days, almost two weeks later I emailed her, and she said she would give me a call the next day. The next day at 6 she called me to offer me the position. Very easy process.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I was contacted by this company with them stating that the college I went to, the interviewer was nice and knowledgeable, but it was for a new position and they didn't really know what I would be doing. Kind of a turn off.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

I sent in my resume and followed up to set an initial meeting with the head recruiter. There was a total of 2 interviews (one with the recruiter and one with the director of operations) and an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They went a little too in-depth when asking questions about my personal life.   Answer Question