Northwestern Mutual Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 3.5K interviews

Employee Referral24%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

I had Multiple meetings, it was a great process, and has a very energizing culture. Lots of different touch points throughout and needed to come plate multiple assessments throughout. Great leadership team.

Interview Questions
  • Employment and education background d
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Your first interview was over the phone, then your second interview is in person. The third interview was with a person higher up than the second. Next, they have you do a practice recruiting session and come back to turn in your paperwork.

Interview Questions
  • They didn’t ask any questions that I can remember, it was mainly conversational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in Mar 2019

Interview

Spoke with Senior Recruiter and then Regional Director about my experience and what I liked to do for fun. They also touched base a lot on why I enjoyed recruiting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Garden City, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

Was called 3 days after I applied to come in for an interview. Met with the Hiring Manager & was asked to come in for a second interview later that day. 4 days later I had a 2nd interview and met with the Head Recruiter. Was told they would have a decision by mid February. Still waiting for an email or phone call back with their decision.

Interview Questions
  • What do you want to achieve in 5 years? Career & Personal Goals

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Huntington, NY)

Interview

I applied through Indeed and had someone reach out to me via email a few weeks later, asking to schedule an in person meeting. Upon arriving to the office, everyone was extremely friendly which made me feel welcome there! The woman I met with was a recruiter and she was very friendly and the interview was casual and flowing. She told me she’d email me the next day to set up a meeting with their managing partner. I met with him the following week. He asked me what I knew about the position, and asked a little about my background and what not. Another easy conversational and flowing interview. Overall was a great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Sacramento, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

The interview process was smooth and professional. Phone interview, in-person with the team lead and final interview with division leader. The leadership team was kind and professional. I felt that they were very truthful about the position and the company. The peer group interview was fun and they were eager to accept helpful tips and tricks about recruiting. Would be a good group to work with every day.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2017

Interview

3 step process. Phone interview and 2 in person. Very casual conversations discussing history, company culture, what you value in your workplace and what your interests are in a career there. They focus more heavily on personality, interpersonal skills and communication skills. This was great for someone like me who was making a career change and looking for a company to take a chance on me in a field I was completely unfamiliar with. Throughout the process, I felt like it was more of a casual conversation than an interview which helped open me up during each meeting and allowed me to feel confident in accepting the role. They value what you want not only in your career but your life as well, and it was incredibly refreshing to finally meet with a company that knows your career is not your entire life. The phone interview was about 15-20 minutes, second interview took about an hour and the third interview was 2 hours.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Jose, CA)

Interview

The process was straightforward and the people involved were friendly. I had a phone screening, in-person interview, online assessment, then second in-person interview. The interviews were conversational and seemed pretty casual.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Three Step Process with a phone interview, on-site meeting and third on-site meeting. Did not ask any necessarily unexpected questions pertaining to my experience... examples include: where you see yourself in the future, what interested you in applying to the position, what do I feel least confident about in my ability to do the job, etc. Although, a lot of uncomfortable questions were asked including what my parents do for a living, what my siblings do, what my boyfriend does, who I live with, how long I have lived with my boyfriend, how I met my boyfriend, is my boyfriend a happy person, do they like their jobs, etc. Essentially questions that were not relevant in whether I could do the job or not. When I asked why I was being asked such questions, they said they wanted to know if I could talk about uncomfortable things, which made zero sense to me, this is suppose to be a professional interview. Honestly a disappointing experience. I've never been asked so many questions that did not pertain to my skills of whether I could do the job or not.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Had to take an assessment and asked leadership questions. I was very nervous as it was one of my first interviews. I also received an office tour and met some people in key positions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you didn't get along with another co-worker. How did you solve the problem?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews