Northwestern Mutual Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter13%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY)

Interview

Took a personality/aptitude test after a phone call with a recruiter. Test was too long and seemed pretty pointless. They basically just want to make sure you have a list of 10 people you can use to call and beg.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a list of 10 people you could think of to reach out to when you start?
    1 Answer

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Was overall solid but not what I was looking for at the time so I ended up not pursuing this further than the initial process and never ended up working here

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you to work here?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

Phone call after a LinkedIn message, then a call with a hiring manager. In the initial call they did a screen just to ensure I had strong interpersonal skills, then with the hiring manager they walked me through a deck showing how compensation works during the training program (five years) and beyond.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Apr 2017

Interview

Long interview process, required to bring a list of 10 people you know that are well connected. Basically a tool to suck you dry of your resources, a "who do you know" scenario

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Lansing, MI) in Mar 2015

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 separate interviews with different employees of the branch I applied at. The process took 3 weeks and the interviews consisted of basic behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

They came to my school campus to recruit. I requested information and was contacted by phone and then through email to set up an appointment for an interview at their downtown location. I was interviewed by a recruiter and it was very easy and everyone there was friendly. I also took a personality test before I came and at the interview we spent most the time going over that and how it applied to the job?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

really generic questions for the first round such as self introduction, resume walkthrough and other pretty easy stuff. After the interview you will receive a full package of northwestern company background and other useful information

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tucson, AZ) in Oct 2012

Interview

Invite for was warm and friendly. The work environment looked quite boring. The interviewer was nice but she asked lots of redundant questions that really fail to capture the true potential in an applicant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY) in Apr 2012

Interview

The recruiter had called on the phone to offer me a Skype interview after explaining what her company was all about. The recruiter seems very nice and easy going. I did the Skype interview a week later and spoke with the recruiter about what I wanted out of life and what I was willing to do to achieve it. She begins to explain the internship after seeing that I was qualified for the job. The internship is about selling their insurance to your family, friends, and acquaintances. You make your money in commission. It is really easy to get the internship, from what I get they basically will hire anyone. The offices are very nice, but the job is somewhat a scam.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in Apr 2012

Interview

Don't take their offers, unless you want to cold call 100 of your closest friends and family members.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness?
  • How do you plan on preparing for this position?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews