Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Background information, very pleasant interview without any serious challenging questions, they asked me what are my plans for the future and where I see myself in 5 years. They called me later and said that they wanna schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing besides college?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was to be as expected. Efficient and thorough. I had an initial screening in person with someone at Northwestern's downtown campus, then had another group interview about a week later. They offered me the position, but ultimately I didn't want sell insurance. You build your own network, so I especially didn't want to start by trying to sell insurance to all my friends and family. Definitely could be a good role for a true sales person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at your previous position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions

The position just wasn't for me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, second interview in person with HR, after second interview they email you some links to a series of tests/ questionnaires. They will ask you to disclose all of your personal assets/liabilities.

The person from HR was nice, personable, and well informed about the different "levels" within the company. The second interview was scripted.

Pay is 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I received a cold call from a recruiter and was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was very invasive of my personal and family life although both interviewers were very nice. The culture in the building seemed to be varied. There were people in suits and ties, and people in jeans and t-shirts in the same office. I was asked to fill out some forms before the interview and ultimately declined to continue the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very nice, the recruiter i talked to at my career fair was the same woman that did my one on one interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and expected you to go in depth with them. ex: name one of your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

I had to get all my clients myself and I wasn't comfortable doing it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

To long, I would have liked to know more about the place and job early on.

Interview Questions

• Why was I applying at Northwestern?   1 Answer

Didn’t like the pushy interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Long Process but new the wanted to know exactly what they were getting in a new hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus and did a phone interview and assesment test within a week after meeting with them. The phone interview went well and my assesment results were "great" (per recruiter). The questions were pretty general interview questions. I declined the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job sounded good, but it was an internship and I was looking more for full time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process for Northwestern mutual begins with one 1:1 interview and then you are told to take an online assesment, from there there is a second round interview. The interview mainly consists of a behavioral interview where they ask you questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years...and "tell me about yourself."