Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter18%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

Nothing to really note here, the interviewer knew about me and wanted references at the end of the interview. Cool building and they’re on one of the top floors. They wouldn’t tell me commission or salary details

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be in sales
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (San Diego, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Pretty quick actually. I applied on line. A recruiter contacted me and set up a time to talk. I was actually excited at the role. They do send you an assessment to do. Hopefully you know a lot of people. They appear to not generate a lot of leads, its up to you. Their approach is for you to sell to your friends, family, colleagues first and then have those people refer you leads. So, when you take the assessment, keep this in mind. I have moved a lot and just don't know that many people as well as having a small family. So, I never heard a word from them again....not a good way to treat a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • No real surprises. Basic behavior based questions about sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Louis, MO) in Jan 2020

Interview

Very straight forward, great talk, and seemed like a good program. They wanted you to call people after and ask them about Northwestern Mutual and take down their information. I thought that was kind of weird so I didn’t go through with it. But great interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in Mar 2019

Interview

I first met a rep. at my university and handed them my resume. Northwestern Mutual contacted me the next day, wanting to set-up a phone interview with me. After a week, the phone interview happened and they wanted to meet me in person. I went to their company's building downtown and had an interview. The interviewer was asking me very inappropriate questions and made me not want to continue the process.

Interview Questions
  • How old are you? This was very inappropriate and made me uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in May 2017

Interview

I was called and interviewed over the phone after expressing interest to a financial planning internship. This position was heavily dependent on commission and I became uninterested. Upon expressing my disinterest I was still emailed back for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about my personality and history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Kansas City, MO) in Feb 2017

Interview

Background information, very pleasant interview without any serious challenging questions, they asked me what are my plans for the future and where I see myself in 5 years. They called me later and said that they wanna schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are you doing besides college?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in Apr 2013

Interview

The process was to be as expected. Efficient and thorough. I had an initial screening in person with someone at Northwestern's downtown campus, then had another group interview about a week later. They offered me the position, but ultimately I didn't want sell insurance. You build your own network, so I especially didn't want to start by trying to sell insurance to all my friends and family. Definitely could be a good role for a true sales person.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA)

Interview

Very relaxed 1:1 interview we walked through my resume and she asked why I was interested. She explained the training process to me and we hit it off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Jan 2012

Interview

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews