Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Northwestern Mutual Sales Interview Questions

2.5

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

It began with a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. Basically questions were asked about why I wanted the job and what I knew about the company. Then I received another interview a week later with the hiring manager similar behavioral questions were asked. From the first interview they gave me some homework and literature to go over. It consisted of a web that I could fill out with prospective life insurance prospects.

Interview Questions

• Do you have friends that would be potential life insurance prospects?   Answer Question
  • What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

I found a better opportunity.

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2008.

Interview

Posed to be a great internship experience. However it turned out to be nothing more than selling life insurance to your family and friends. More of a sales position than the financial based job they had discussed. Decided to not follow through with a second interview because the position did not interest me.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in December 2007.

Interview

They found my resume online and contacted me about an entry level sales position. I didn't think it would be a very good fit for me, but decided to check it out. There is a personality test you have to take online. After my 1 on 1 interview, I left with a good overall impression of the company. If I was interested in insurance sales, I think it would probably be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years...they are definitely looking for career/lifelong employees   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

You will have to develop a list to cold call.

Wasnt what i wanted

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Having a connection to the company, I was able to meet directly with the managing director of the branch I would have been at. It's very much a personality thing. If you can talk and get on well with people you'll be fine. Answer basic questions that an interview would involve, but primarily why NWM and why you'd be good at it.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in January 2012.

Interview

Took 3 weeks just to get the second interview. I then was notified that my income would consist of the sales I made to my immediate personal network. The third interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later, so I dropped out of the interview process as I'm not going to take three months to complete all five interviews for a job where the salary is dependent upon my own personal network.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your family (ages, year in school, hobbies, etc).   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2011.

Interview

Met with company at Job Fair, provided my resume and talked about possible positions related to finance. I was called in for an interview about a week later, but for a sales position, not a finance position. Interview consisted of fairly standard questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, desires, etc. I was also asked about my personal network and how many people I knew had life insurance.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know personally with life insurance?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, however the thing that bothered me was that they constantly asked for information from friends and family. At two different interviews I was asked to make a list of peoples contact information so I could "get a sense of the job." However it seemed like they were more interested in the selling them insurance. If you can't handle 100% commission and having to sell out your friends and family don't bother.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in October 2010.

Interview

The company came to speak at my college, and we were asked to fill out a personality test and contact information if we were interested in the company. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an interview. I went in a few days later, and the interview was great. Everyone was so friendly and the interview was not in a stressful environment. After speaking for awhile we both realized that the job wasn't a good fit for me, but they kept my resume and have kept me updated with other openings with the company ever since.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in April 2010.

Interview

Got interviewed by the HR manager. Very nice person, but the interview was very informal. I was not very interested in the job but wanted to see what the company was about and get some practice. The position seems like you can either do it or not. No in between. Which, for me, it isn't something I could do, sales. If you can, I would recommend Northwestern, nice people, seem to actually care.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable having to sell to family and friends?   Answer Question