Find jobs for Sales Representative

Northwestern Mutual Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 3.5K interviews

Applied online20%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The initial contact was by email, then a video call was scheduled with an HR/Talent acquisition person, who sorts of screens to see if you have the minimum soft skills for the position and explains more about the opportunity. Then if this is successful, the person schedules you to video conference with the recruiting manager - in the meantime you receive a sort of personality test which you discuss with the manager and I think that makes the conversation richer and pertinent. The following stages depends on the outcome of this step. Overall, very engaging people and responsive.

Interview Questions
  • You vision for the future in terms of what matters to you and how you think it'll fit with the opportunity
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The interview is not hard at all, they just want to hire you so you can start attracting clients. Interviewer was nice at least. I declined because the job was not consistent with the post they had on Handshake. I am not into sales and the position was all about it and had a different name in Handshake.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Wall, NJ) in Feb 2020

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. very straight forward. your basic interview questions...tell me about yourself, tell me about past experience, why are you in this field. very equal playing field throughout the whole company

Interview Questions
  • overcoming a challenge in your life

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Quick talk about myself, where I come from, why I studied in Econ, etc. second interview was more about the job -- what I would be expected to do and such.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

I applied online, and then was called back later that week to set up a phone interview. This was not much of an actual interview, but more of a way to get to know me and inform me about the company. At the end of the phone call, we set up an in person interview for later that week.

Interview Questions
  • Not a technical interview, asked about the company, your work ethic, and why you were interested in selling insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Terrible Interview Process... they had a 24 yer college girl interviewed a seasoned professional. She knew nothing of what questions to ask. She have had a more seasoned pro to be the first person you meet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Metairie, LA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Interview basically covered all the normal interview things. Where did you work, what are you looking for. I was told I didnt get selected after interview because of an online assesment... i guess lol

Interview Questions
  • Where was the last place you worked.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Saint Louis, MO) in Jan 2018

Interview

They will Interview you to identify your level of skill and will. They will ask you to provide referrals immediately, which is understandable. Their goal is to see how many people you know and how comfortable you are in selling to those people.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions about my family.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Troy, MI) in Oct 2017

Interview

The interview process was very informal, which is not necessarily a problem. I felt very comfortable, but it also seemed that they were willing to hire almost anyone. Overall, would not recommend this place unless you are simply willing to out-compete their existing sales staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Westport, CT) in Sep 2017

Interview

I didn't apply to this job. They found my resume on a job search site. All they care about is if you have a bachelor's degree and are young.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews