Northwestern Mutual Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.4

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very simple. Had me take a personality quiz/test and come in for an interview without an over-the phone interview. In the interview they reviewed the results of the personality quiz but it was a very easy interview that consisted primarily of simple questions. It seemed like I had the position before I had even finished the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Started with an intro call with a recruiter, who sent me to the Chicago recruiter. Both very conversational and fun. They were very responsive to hard questions that I asked and were very quick to get back to me.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral. They did not as any technical questions from what I could remember. I would recommend reading up on the company and being able to walk the through your resume. The main qualification they seem to be looking for are solid communication skills and time management skills.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very good questions from two different people in person, and one phone interview. They wanted to know about personality, leadership traits, sales aptitude, and experiences. On the phone they asked a few questions, and it took about 20-30 minutes. Unperson, I met with two different people separately. They also did a background check, and the job offer came after completion of the background check

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

They made you complete an excel with at least 60 names of people between the age of 25 and 50 that you knew and make a powerpoint presentation about the company and yourself. I was uncomfortable with the 60 names because that is who you would be selling to and I do not want to sell to my friends and family.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you faced adversity and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Binghamton, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewer called me on the phone and asked me pretty standard questions. She was extremely friendly and I enjoyed talking to her. However, some of the aspects of the job seemed strange like the emphasis on commission based work. Plus, after discussing the job with friends, they said that the job initially has you sell to your "natural network" which I wasn't comfortable with. Overall, the experience was pretty neutral, but what I heard about the job deterred me from considering it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with a team to overcome a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Pretty self explanatory questions that are geared toward learning more about you and if you can be a good sales rep. Basically they are looking for references. I got the phone interview after i went to the career fair at the university. That was the first interview I got. They just match the office near your home and the recruiting manager from that office will call you and ask mostly behavioral questions that are straightforward.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very casual interview process, standard phone interview than in-person interview. However they do not inform you that it is 100% commission on the first phone interview. After the phone interview you meet with the recruiter and then if you continue through that interview you meet with a financial advising agent.

Interview Questions

• They asked wether or not you would feel comfortable cold calling or asking family members to join your financial advising plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I met an employee that passed along my information to HR. I was then called for a phone interview. After this stage, I was brought in for an informational interview. I met with HR and my potential boss. I was asked back for another round, where I was given an assignment. The assignment consisted of interviewing 15 people. I turned down the offer after this round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

group interview in a room reserved at the university then 3 online questions through e-mail that asks general questions. Once submitting the 3 interviews, the second interview is in person at the office.