Northwestern Mutual Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter13%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in May 2021

Interview

I just had an initial recruiter call which lasted about 15 minutes. It was more of a general overview of the standard questions from my resume and cross verifying how I fit the job description well or not.

Interview Questions
  • The recruiter asked a few logistic questions such as requirement of visa sponsorship, salary expectations and whether I was open to relocation.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in Apr 2021

Interview

30 mins Recruiter call followed up by 30mins HM round where they explain about the job role and the company. The HM also asked about my current experience. After that, 90mins call with HM and Tech Head.This round involved questions from resume and one coding questions. Overall, pretty good experience and easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions + resume based questions.

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Company seems to be professional and with good culture . Interview was at the average difficulty , they care a lot about cultural fitting and so on. Technical questions are ok ,HR is friendly

Interview Questions
  • What are you going to be a good fit ?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Jul 2020

Interview

After applying online, set up a 30 minute phone interview with HR within the first week. Then a technical round was setup within a weeks time. Skype video call with three interviewers who took turns to ask questions. Each of them would ask questions from their area of expertise. They have follow up questions on most of the things. Mostly were theoretical questions and none were problem solving.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest achievement while working on <your tech stack>. How do you achieve double inheritance? What is a cross join?
3 people found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Jun 2020

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and talked briefly about my background and qualifications. Followed by a online assessment with three programming questions(in basically any language) that was fairly simple and straightforward. Third and final phase was a video group interview with three different engineers. The conversation went nice and smooth, everyone was nice and easy to talk to . Most of the questions were about behavioral, situational, background, and cultural fit. The recruiter was very helpful all the way, until the third phase where originally she was going to contact me about the results and feedbacks two days after the interview. I was not contacted and wrote emails to check in with her but did not get a response. Two weeks from the interview i got the rejection letter and again wrote an email asking if there were any feedback. Still did not get a response. Some feedback would be very helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Franklin, WI)

Interview

I applied through the official website and the process took about two weeks. the interview was very basic, it starts with a 30 minutes phone call with the recruiter describing the main role of the company, the position qualifications and requirements, and the interview process. They did ask also about my availability and my status whether I need visa sponsorship.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2020

Interview

Applied online, then went through a phone screen, then had a codility code test, next had a Skype interview with some engineers. Everything was coordinated through a NW recruiter, who kept me updated every step of the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Franklin, WI) in May 2017

Interview

I had applied to NM last year and was rejected, but they kept my application on file. Last month, I was contacted by a Talent Recruiter who asked me to formally apply for a different position. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. After this, I did an in-person interview which was with a group of people who I would now end up working for. I was then offered a verbal offer, which I accepted and then accepted their written offer. This was by far the best experience I've ever had at a job interview.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about working with Mainframe Technology?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI)

Interview

Initial contact was through college career fair. On-campus interview was done as part of the follow-up to the career fair. Invited to interview on headquarter campus shortly after on-campus interview. Interview included 1 HR employee, an HR-focused manager, and an IS-focused manager.

Interview Questions
  • Expectation for career path in 3, 5, 8+ years.
RSS Feed</>Embed