Northwestern Mutual Summer Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 3.5K interviews

Recruiter10%
1.7
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

phone then group interview, i skipped out when they wanted me to submit an entire list of references to advance to the next step- even if they don't hire you they get a list of potential clients and I thought it seemed sleezy

1 person found this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

First got connected through a campus job fair. Series of phone class with recruiters, casual conversations. All the recruiters were incredibly kind and easy to talk to! Definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • How have you adapted to change?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boulder, CO)

Interview

It was a phone screen that asked basic questions regarding work ethic, how you might handle a client. It was the first step before in person interview. They were particullarly keen on what friends and family you had in the city of your internship.

Interview Questions
  • How comfortable are you calling friends and family who might be interested in Northwestern Mutual's services?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

First I had a call on the phone with a Financial Advisor at the office I was interested in and it was more to gauge my interest and tell me more about the program. Then I was invited to tour the office which ended up being an interview. Then I had a formal interview with a college recruiter, and then I had another phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose your major? What extracurriculars are you involved in? What does it mean to be hardworking?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Talked with hr and set up a time to meet with them. It was very easy and they got back to me quite fast. We did it online, and if I got another interview they said I'd go into the office to interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Tulsa, OK) in Mar 2020

Interview

The process considered of 3 interviews. The first interview was an introduction to the company and was relatively informal. The second interview, if you are selected for it, basically assigns you a certain amount of people to contact regarding their internship and honestly showed the true nature of the internship, a means of getting contacts for the company. Lastly the third interview consists of presenting your findings regarding g the things you were assigned to do in the second interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New Orleans, LA) in Feb 2019

Interview

Started off with the job description and it slowly transitioned to my responsibilities which was using my personal network to sign people up for savings plans. Felt like a pyramid scheme

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Norwalk, CT) in Jan 2019

Interview

Very easy process that took only a month or so. consisted of three rounds (phone call, 1 on 1 interview, 2 on 1 interview). Nothing was difficult about the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

There was a phone interview first then in person interview. Average questions and easy going

Interview Questions
  • Most were average - did ask if I knew 100 people to begin my business.

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

The interview went much as expected, they sit you down in a little room, you answer typical questions and they talk up the position a lot. As far as I know it followed rather normal flows, the interviewer was very nice and as usual a current employee of the company. Maybe the only odd things was that the guy I was being interviewed by actually help the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want this job, and what kind of person are you. How does that mean you should get the job.
4 people found this interview helpful