Find jobs for Wealth Management Advisor

Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 3.5K interviews

Other13%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Job description was very misleading. It was revealed 15 minutes into the interview that compensation was 100% commission-based, and that the role was essentially a sales role, with the aim of selling life insurance to one's own network. A hard pass.

Interview Questions
  • What are you biggest professional strengths & weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in Feb 2021

Interview

Good, she was nice. She asked where would I see myself in 5 years. Explained the position and your day to day. She also explained the work culture and some of the benefits. Talked about training

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

It was fairly straightforward asking about my background and my experience. Very friendly. Be warned this is a commission based role, but they emphasize that you can "easily" make so much more.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. / Can you tell me a time where you had to faced a challenge?

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Total Scam. Life Insurance Salesman would be a more accurate job title. Rely on you recruiting your friends and family to make any money. Pray on fresh college graduates and lie to you about how much you'll make your first year.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any friends or family you could sell our service too?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2020

Interview

I got a call and set up a remote conference call with the recruiter. I was asked about my interest's in the company, why I wanted to be a financial advisor and we talked about my background

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. They brought me in for an initial interview and then another. For the second interview, they gave me an assignment to complete at home. Overall, the interview process is very chill and the people are nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

I decided to fill out an application for the Wealth Management Advisor position and ended up getting a very quick response back from this company. It was very unusual to receive such a quick response, but I was glad that they did.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

Series of 3 to 4 interviews with different people each time, starting with the recruiter and going all the way up to the hiring manager, overviewing past work history and experiences. They make it more conversational based so it is more comfortable going into the interviews

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you would be a good fit for this position with this company.

Northwestern Mutual

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an online assessment. There were a few things about the process that were slightly off putting to me. It appeared that the main interest of the company is to see how many contacts you've made in your life and then if you're willing to exploit that for your gain and ultimately theirs. That didn't seem quite right to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (New York, NY) in May 2015

Interview

It was a brief phone interview which lasted around 15 - 20 minutes. However, do not apply for North Western Mutual, since all they ask you to do is to give phone calls to other people and attend the meeting to writing down notes. That's literally all.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self and some general questions regarding if I can do sales
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews