Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions in Wisconsin | Glassdoor

2.6

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interview process for a satellite office is relaxed. It is more so a process to see if you vibe well with a member of that office. This process consists of several casual office/offsite meetings in which you, the candidate, answer questions about work ethic, personality, interpersonal relationships, and communication skills.

Vendor Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone screening followed by two rounds of interviews: first was with HR and the second was with hiring managers. Drug test was required. Hiring process for my position was less rigid than others within the company. Many have additional rounds of interviews.

Distribution Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard corporate interview process. Phone interview with HR, then in person interview with 2-3 team members. Mostly behavioral/background questions but a few accounting related technical questions. HR was friendly but the team was less professional. Seemed very much in a hurry, speaking quickly and with a poor attitude. Interviewer made little eye contact and acted like it was a huge drag to be interviewing someone.

Financial Planning Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief but informative. Discussed in detail the expectations of the position, then was asked to discuss any prior work experience that would relate to the position. There were not a lot of general questions asked by interviewer, it was really to the point, but I think this may be because I was referred for the position by a current employee.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Franklin, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied to NM last year and was rejected, but they kept my application on file. Last month, I was contacted by a Talent Recruiter who asked me to formally apply for a different position. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. After this, I did an in-person interview which was with a group of people who I would now end up working for. I was then offered a verbal offer, which I accepted and then accepted their written offer. This was by far the best experience I've ever had at a job interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with Mainframe Technology?   Answer Question

OI Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was conducted through Montage. I wasn't thrilled with the experience because it was a difficult program to figure out, but it was nice that I could interview using technology. I would have much preferred an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Hadoop is?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process, requires 3 interviews and a test-like thing for your third interview. Want you to sell insurance to your family and friends. I dont recumbent this company for an internship.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First they found me on linked. then, they had me come in and talk to a recruiter. After that went well, I had a second interview with one of their actual partners. This went well too, but the process thus far had been suspiciously easy. Next they asked me to prepare a presentation on things like "why I'd be a good fit at NWM" and such. That was odd.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from, what's your background, what do your parents do.   Answer Question

Controller's Accounting Corporate Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

On site interviews with multiple individuals, two interviews total. Multiple departments interviewed me. Asked some behavioral questions and some more personal questions. Shared a lot of background on various roles and departments.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Appleton, WI).

Interview

There are three "interviews". I use quotations because they call it a mutual selection. They offer you a position on the spot of the third interview as long as you can formulate a proper sentence, maybe even then, they'll still offer you a position as long as you keep going back. They make it out to be that you are doing such important life changing work but really you guilt trip your friends and family to by life insurance.