NortonLifeLock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NortonLifeLock Interview Questions

Interviews at NortonLifeLock

Interview

Three interview, one phone screen and one by a peer data scientist who asked statistic questions, then SQL questions and some math questions in the onsite interview that were relatively straightforward

Interview Questions

• what does coalese do? left, right, and inner joins   2 Answers

Interview

Interview process was completed over the phone (for remote) position. Asked typical interview questions, no behavioral-based questions asked. Three phone interviews in total with hiring manager, and two peers. Was delivered an offer within a few days after my last phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you are a fit for this role?   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Culver City, CA).

Interview

They came to my school for a career fair. I dropped in my resume and was asked to come on an onsite interview the next week. The interview started with a tour of the office space.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock.

Interview

I found out about the position via on-campus recruiting. Then, I applied online, they contacted me, and we had two phone calls--one more behavioral, one more technical. Finally, we had an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a C program, describe potential bugs and weaknesses of it.   1 Answer

FP&A Interview

Interview

I applied through Handshake, my campus recruiting portal. 30 minutes with a recruiter where basic behavioral questions were asked. Then super day on Campus down in Mountain View where I met with 3 different people 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Only one technical question - asking about accounting. All other questions were based on my background and behavioral habits. Make sure to understand your background as they will ask you directed questions based on your different experiences.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock.

Interview

I applied online and was given a phone interview. During the interview they mainly asked about my experience in various technical areas. I talked to a few people who I would be working with, which was most likely done to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with API's?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Columbus, OH) in September 2019.

Interview

Was interviewed directly at career fair with no preparation or warning. They asked for my resume at the career fair and just paired me with an engineer and started asking questions right away. They didn't tell me it was an interview they said I would just be briefly speaking with a current employee.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in September 2019.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and applied right there. Within a few days, they scheduled an on-campus technical interview. The interview itself took place the following week, then it took about 3 weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Given an array, how would you find the largest product of three elements in it?   Answer Question

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Tempe, AZ) in September 2019.

Interview

Muddled, disorganized interview process. Team members need alignment on interview process, training, and coordination. Generally, you are treated like an hourly wage applicant; just a number. It is obvious they do not put care into the applicant experience or care about their brand or image in the marketplace to potential employees. Clearly, there is not a lot of camaraderie on the team and they don't project a solid team atmosphere (a bunch of individuals working on separate projects).

Interview Questions

• Various low level questions about SQL, probability theory, Python. Practical application of knowledge - this is a business problem we had, how would you design a solution? etc.   2 Answers

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a mixed experience with the hiring process. Initially, the Recruiter was very engaged and responsive. They were flexible with scheduling a phone screen and later an interview with the hiring manager at a time that fit my schedule. They even sent reminders and answered my preliminary questions via email.

The interviews went well, and the Recruiter was pretty open about the fact that my experience was more extensive than they were hoping for - essentially that they were concerned about being able to afford me. I was open about the fact that the role I'd be filling and Manager that I'd be working for were huge draws for me, so I was willing to consider a smaller salary. The Recruiter seemed excited to hear this, and also started planting seeds for other potential positions that better met my experience level.

At the end of my conversation with the hiring manager, they informed me that I was in the top 2 for consideration. And that's the last I heard from them. I was really surprised that they didnt bother sending any kind of follow-up after 2 rounds of interviews. Definitely left a bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as it relates to the position   Answer Question
    • Conversation / scenario based - tell me about a time when...   Answer Question