NortonLifeLock Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 870 of over 870 interviews

Employee Referral20%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Dublin, Dublin) in Aug 2021

Interview

first is coding test from codility, this is hard, and next is behavior interview, then design interview and last live coding interview. in design interview asked me according to my cv, and the implementation of api

Interview Questions
  • check a string can reformatted into palindrome.
    Answer Question

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in Apr 2022

Interview

The process I had was 1 initial phone screen, 1 phone call with the manager and then 3 separate zoom calls with the team, hiring manager again and then the VP of the department. I was also asked to prepare and present a work sample. I didn’t make it past the final 3 zoom calls but was given an indication that the process is actually even longer than what I went through and could have potentially included a few more zoom calls with other team stakeholders before getting to the offer stage. Everyone I spoke to was great, asked good questions and answered my questions in detail. The team was friendly and experienced and asked some tough questions which really shows they care about who they hire into this role. I got the sense that I would have really enjoyed working on this team. Ultimately, I was rejected due to something that was clear on my resume and was mentioned in both initial phone calls. So, it’s kind of disappointing to have to go through all those extra interviews when they likely already knew I didn’t meet that one criteria that was important to them. But all in all it was a good experience. The rejection came in the form of a personal phone call from the recruiter who originally found me on LinkedIn and I really appreciated the effort she took to personally reach out to me to deliver the news and provide feedback on why they decided to go a different direction. I would definitely consider interviewing for future roles at Norton based on the positive impression I got this time around.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=NortonLifeLock~1931
Join the conversation on

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in Feb 2022

Interview

I was initially invited to have a phone interview. However, after submitting dates and times that I would be available to interview, they sent me back an email stating that they decided to go with other candidates. Unsure what happened there but they could have asked for alternative times to interview if the times I picked didn’t work for them.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn’t asked any questions because they canceled my interview after they asked me which times and dates I was available to interview.

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in Jan 2022

Interview

Online Assessment (mostly easy / medium level leetcode style) Interview (2 Coding, 1 System Design) The coding questions were mostly string manipulation or array questions. The system design question was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Bangalore) in Nov 2021

Interview

Round 1: Online test Medium level of Data structure problems Round 2: Technical interview Total question based on infrastructure of the product, cloud computing,DevOps and Ci/Cd , Python scripting so on Round 3 : Hr interview Basic HR questions for how you fit this job.

Interview Questions
  • What is CI/Cd ? What's the use of it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Chennai) in Nov 2021

Interview

It was a difficult process. The interview will be based on your panel member. I got experienced panel member in both the technical rounds. Between I managed to clear the first technical round that happens for 1hr45 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Java and python based basic questions and all DSA questions , testing , operating system, cloud questions were asked. Nothing was left .Prepare well and attend!

NortonLifeLock

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock

Interview

It was an online interview with an active manager. It was a relatively difficult interview. It was a typical customer service job interview with some curve ball questions that I did not anticipate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NortonLifeLock

Application

I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in Oct 2021

Interview

Applied for a Marketing role and received a call back fairly soon from the recruiting manager telling me the position already has been filled. However, she was very friendly and suggested to take a look at a different role. We arranged an interview with the hiring manager and it turned out it was not a good match with my skillset. All in all, I wish I had a chance to get an interview for the role I initially applied for but I appreciated the help from the recruiting manager to find an alternative and the opportunity to speak to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Dublin, Dublin) in Aug 2021

Interview

Very thorough process. The HR recruitment specialist specialises in tech roles, and could see the synergy between my experience and the crux of the role. Not all HR people are this perceptive. She also saw the process through from start to finish, kept me updated, and I met with five people during the interview process to scope out the role and ensure I had the right skills.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were very focused on the skills needed - working internationally, planning and managing teams and being adaptable. Also a question around your understanding of cyber security and its importance in the lives of people around the world.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Chennai) in May 2021

Interview

One to one interview of 4 rounds. All technicals. Interviewers we’re supporting if you just guess in the right direction. Once all the interview Rounds were over. There was a director round.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 870 Interviews

NortonLifeLock Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at NortonLifeLock as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at NortonLifeLock takes an average of 22 days when considering 656 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Associate Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days).

Common stages of the interview process at NortonLifeLock according to 656 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.98%