NortonLifeLock Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NortonLifeLock Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NortonLifeLock

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Culver City, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted through Campus career fair. The process was straightforward, 1 screening, 2 technical interviews. The recruiter was nice and helpful and became a personal friend later. The first interviewer was a bit quiet, which was uncomfortable for me, so I don't think I did very well. The second one was nice and more talkative, which allowed me to discuss the problem more. Overall, the interview experience was average.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about parsing in C (char array, etc.). The second interview question was simply to quickly write a program to return the angle between two hands of the clock. It was more about approaching the question and being thorough with inputs/outputs, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NortonLifeLock

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed in September 2010. Had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice to talk to. Started with a discussion of project mentioned on my resume. Asked basic questions about C coding such as static variables, auto variables, register variables. Stack vs heap. Memory allocation. Structure vs union. Ended with a brief discussion of the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR called and set up a phone interview then was called for onsite.
    There were 3 onsite interview
    1. Coding interview where they asked to do tree traversal
    2. Coding interview where they made me do directory traversal
    3. Testing interview where I was given a scenario which I had to write test cases for

Negotiation

They gave me 10000 more than I asked but in Stocks

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I talked to one of their recruiting representatives at the univ career fair, and then after three weeks, I got a call from one of the hiring manager requesting for an on-site interview. On the interview day, I meet 6 persons including the hiring manger, half an hour for each interviewer. They mainly asked project experience from the resume and coding problems. Some of them also asked about some system design questions and brain teaser questions. I followed up after two weeks, no one replied my email.

Interview Questions

• a system design question about client and server design and the speed limits. You need to consider both the hardware part and software part, also need to know some virtualization techs.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock.

Interview

I applied at a job fair. They contacted me back in about 1 month for one of the security teams. I had to go through a lot of hoops in terms of contacting HR. They were not very responsive in terms of returning e-mails.

Interview Questions

• During the interview they ask a lot of questions relating to hash maps, trees etc, some algorithms stuff and well experience you have.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock in January 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview. Questions on implementing fibonacci and palindrome. Then a couple of questions on recursion vs. iteration and memory allocation in C++.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Mountain View, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

This was a fairly standard Silicon Valley software engineer interview. First, a general chat with the recruiter about past experiences and my skillset. Then, an interview with several engineers who asked more technical questions about data structures and algorithms. As part of the interview, I had to write code (C, Java, or pseudo-code) on the whiteboard or a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a TCP/IP connection is established.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Waltham, MA) in November 2007.

Interview

There was no phone screen as my resume made it to the compnay thro' a recruiter who had talked to me over phone. I'd 2 sessions on 2 different days on 1:1 interviews with 3 people on each of the days - each person interviewed me for approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Linked list related problem don't remember the full details   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Mountain View, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Everything moved very quickly. Manager was very motivated and lobbied for higher money and perm position. One phone interview and then a site visit meeting with 3 pairs of people. All very nice. People, office and culture are nice. Have an office which is rare in Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Received considerably higher rate than initially offered, but I am experienced and know the value of what I bring. manager lobbied for a permanent position, because that was my preference. However, company eliminated all employee slots so a contract was all that was available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NortonLifeLock (Culver City, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

recruiter called me. I passed the phone interview of 1 hour.
    I went on to a face to face interview at their office in Culver City, 6 people including the Hiring Manager, taking 45 minutes on each person. All the guys interviewed me were young, in their early 30, very friendly.
    Questions were mostly about algorithms and data structure. Interview went ok but I haven't heard from them for 2 weeks. Checked with recruiter and got update that they didn't offer the position, citing looking for more senior one.

Interview Questions

• how to detect cycle in linked list   4 Answers
    • print out binary tree's nodes in certain layout (it was in order traversal)   2 Answers
    • print out nodes of a binary tree by levels. i.e., all nodes on level 1, then all nodes on level 1, then all nodes on level 2, etc.   2 Answers
    • convert the result of 7^n (7 to the Nth) to string   4 Answers
    • find lowest common ancestor of 2 nodes in a binary tree   3 Answers