Norwegian Cruise Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call back from HR within a week. Set up time and date and met with 2 people I would be reporting to. The interview started about 10 minutes late. Both guys seemed very rushed and unprepared. Very casual interview.

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Long Beach, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1.5 hours of PowerPoint presentation then group interviews after which took about another 2 hours of waiting. It provided basic information on working on a cruise line and what the perks are.

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone the day after submitting a resume and application through their website. The interview was within a week, and began with sitting and observing a personal cruise consultant at work for about 30-45 minutes. It was a great introduction to the realities and expectations of the job. After that, I had a personal interview. I was very impressed by their professionalism, and up front clarification on what the job would be like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Norweigan Cruise Lines   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online via resume ...was contacted by a recruiter for a quick get to know you and your background/personality phone interview. As long as you impress them you make it to the next step...in person interview which is a intermediate entry level interview. After they tell you it takes up to the date of class to make decision...I received mine same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes & still in negotiations...pending background & drug screen.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Interview

The entire application process is very long and could be confusing or frustrating for some. The interview itself was over Skype and unremarkable. I was asked questions about customer service, bar-specific Qs, and "what did you do when.." type Qs. It took a long time to get an offer, and actually I received a rejection email that I thought was about the job, but then a week or two later I got an actual email with an offer. I had applied for several jobs and only received a rejection email for one of them, so I figured it was about the one I had actually interviewed for. My advice would be, if you really want to work for the company, stick with it. But don't give your hopes up either; they really vet you to make sure you can handle ship life, hard work, and pass all the screenings.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Norwegian/on a cruise ship?   2 Answers

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out the online application. I didn't realize that the application for 'Pride of America', the Hawaiian based boat is separate from the other Norwegian jobs. I thought I was applying for every vessel, but I apparently was only applying for one vessel. This vessel is separate and distinct because it only sails in US waters, unlike the other Norwegian vessels. Anyway, I applied online and received an acknowledgement of my application almost immediately. I was then emailed an online assessment with basic questions about your personality and ways of handling things-- if you've filled out a lot of online applications, you've seen this kind of generic 'test' a thousand times. After submitting that, I was contacted via email by a recruiter in the Miami office and he scheduled a Skype interview for the following week. My interview lasted almost 40 minutes and I was informed I should hear back in a few days. I heard back the next day and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you've encountered in your current position either with customers or co-workers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recreation Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2016.

Interview

I scheduled an interview with a recruiter after receiving an email from her. She was very open for when I could do the interview. The interview was over Skype. The interview was only 30 mins long. I found out about a week and a half about my offer

Personal Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

3-step interview with initial interview, introduction with worker interview and interview with head of the human resources department. They never complete the whole process if you failed somewhere and they wouldnt tell you but send one home and notify you by email. Highly unfair.

Stateroom Steward Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in December 2015.

Interview

You sit in a room watch a presentation then are called in one by one in the order you arrived... 5 min interview afterwards. They said they'll call within a week.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview from the comfort of my home via Skype and a web cam. The interview consisted of basic job interview questions as well as giving me insights on ship life. The conversation lasted about 30 minutes. I'm patiently waiting for a response. I also was required to fill out an online questionnaire on the official website.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to be away from home   1 Answer