Norwegian Cruise Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Norwegian Cruise Line

2.5

PC Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2020.

Interview

3 tier job interview. I received a call from the Talent acquisition, hiring manager and lastly the Director. Everyone was really great, made me feel really comfortable and relaxed during the entire hiring process.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

I registered for POA recruitment's event for Norweign Cruise Lines.. and attended this event in a Hilton Conference room in Atlanta.

There is a 25 minutes presentation that is organized about what NCL is about and another 20-30 minute walk through of company expectations, living arrangements, available jobs. It was well informed and organized.

Shortly after, you are called up for one-on-one interview where they will ask you base questions about your serving history. They handled the interview with such professionalism. I also asked a lot of questions and suggestions on which position to start.

The only downside is that one must work their way up during the 90 day probational period. They will pay all the fees to get to the job and training but if you got let go while working within 90 days then you will have to pay for your own flight back home.

I felt that I was qualified for multiple positions but there really is no where to start besides entry level positions: waitressing, busser, dish washer, cleaning, laundry etc. I was hoping to see if I could start in guest services or another sector however it seems one must start there then work their way up. Positive note is that base on ones work performance there is a huge potential to change job titles after one round of cruise ship work.

Interview Questions

• Who do you serve first in a table of 2 males / 2 females?   1 Answer
    • If its a family with children, who do you serve first? and why?   1 Answer
    • What is the highest max of tables you waited?   1 Answer

Second Refrigeration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami Beach, FL) in January 2020.

Interview

Collecting applicant have enough best qualification and experiences with good moral character and reputation, physically and mentally fit, honest and trusted. Can speak english fluently dealing to customers, knows how being aware on safety, rules and regulation on board and drills attendances.

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in October 2019.

Interview

Process is all done through email, so you should be checking that everyday. It turned out to be a one way interview, which was scary at first but ended up being a great experience that let me express my creative side.

Interview Questions

• Describe a similar job experience. What did you like? What didn't you like?   Answer Question

Director Corporate Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Miami, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and then never heard from her again. No updates or feedback were provided nor was I told I wasn’t being further considered or rejected. It’s terrible when companies “ ghost” candidates.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were standard for this role. Nothing unexpected or difficult was asked.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Interview

The interview is a one-way video interview that is comprised of ten questions. You have unlimited time to prepare for each question and an unlimited number of takes. After applying, they get back to you fairly quickly and either decline or offer the opportubity to interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you used technology in your previous roles? Give examples.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line (Mesa, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

Started with a group interview with Power Point presentation and Q&A. This was followed by an 8 question test on a computer. Lastly, we had one-on-one interviews. This process took approximately 2 and a half hours. You get a call within 2 days.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line in August 2019.

Interview

There was an assessment including math, English, computer skills, and personality test. A 10 question video interview recorded on your phone or laptop. It took me two weeks to hear back via email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to solve a computer hardware or software issue.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Very easy process! A few days after submitting an online application I received an invitation for an online interview. Interview was done with pre-recorded questions in an online video platform. Received an email four days later with an offer of employment

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Norwegian Cruise Line.

Interview

Super easy if your interviewing coach wants to sleep with you like mine did. You have to pass a silly 5 question quiz about how to close a window on a PC or what the difference between reply all/reply is (not kidding).