Big Red Interview Question: Nothing of any significance. ... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Personal Assistant and Marketing Position Interview Austin, TX

Nothing of any significance. He had seen my resume

online...brings me in and tells me, given my resume and experience (which I am more than aware of), he would rather put me in a marketing position. Something I've been very successful in for 30 years (I was just looking for a semi-retirement mindless job)...so then he wanted me to apply my many years of marketing knowledge. As I told him, "That's a whole different ball game than being a personal assistant." He sends me an offer letter with a title below any I have ever held, even out of college with a salary less than the personal assistant job...something I had not made since 1984. SURELY YOU JEST!! The pompous arrogance is unbelievable. I countered with two offers and he just never returned my call and that was the end of that. How immature these arrogant people are and trust me, the arrogance is completely unfounded. I would stay away. I should have taken heed of the previous Glassdoor comments. I did take note before going in as to how low his CEO rating was and, it is even lower in my opinion. The second I walked in, he spouts out some negative comment about the great GPS system I used to find his office (which he said people have a hard time finding.) I didn't. He then proceeds to bash two of his current employees. He has no business working with people or making job offers. He is obviously just plain greedy and clueless. Most people who exude such arrogance are just negative, insecure people on power trips and the describes the CEO of Big Red, in my opinion. DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Answer

Interview Answer

4 Answers

Didn't get job so your pissed. Don't bash people you don't know. The CEO is top notch.

Anonymous on Jul 6, 2015

Well, you are obviously not in the loop...that was not at all the case. I was offered the job, had a start date and then received the offer letter. I countered and he came back with another offer. Based on that, I turned the job and the offer down. I countered again with another two more options and, your "top notch" CEO, just never replied. What kind of a professional person does that? (Rhetorical question.)

Anonymous on Jul 6, 2015

I'm in the loop. You weren't a good candidate

Anonymous on Jun 1, 2017

Big Red is quite a small company, it's not all an immediate process, I apologize that you had troubles with the CEO, however because of the companies size they don't have money to through around and give you the perfect job you wanted. Jobs are decided on whats best for the company and makes financial sense.

Anonymous on Oct 30, 2017

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.