Notre Dame Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Notre Dame

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (South Bend, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Thorough interviewing process, great candidates competing against you. Great people treat you well. Personal questions about your vision for the future, and what you want to get out of it

Interview Questions

• What my vision for my future was   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Notre Dame in July 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (an initial screening with HR then a call with the hiring manager), then an all-day in person interview. The in-person interview had different pairs or trios of people meeting with me for most of the day. It was draining, but everyone was friendly and the questions weren't difficult. Most of the people were fairly casual with the exception of the HR person who asked lots of standard interview type questions (what are your weaknesses, what would your current manager say about you, etc). Make sure to dress formal! This is not your average, casual university.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too out of the blue, they did ask some situation questions though (i.e. what would you do in this challenging situation, tell us about a difficult co-worker you've dealt with, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an 8% increase over the initial offer, was still slightly lower than I wanted though

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Difficult and multi-stage. Had phone screen with HR, another with a team of potential colleagues, then a day-long in-person round of interviews including a "vision" presentation to 20 senior people about what I would do in the job.

Interview Questions

• With all your strategic experience, how would you really enjoy this job?   1 Answer

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

You must be referred by a professor of the language you hope to tutor in. After that, the professor had me go through a student paper with her as if she were a student being tutored. She made me point out the mistakes, correct pronunciation and grammar. I'm sure she assessed interviewees on friendliness, and ability to provide positive criticism.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Notre Dame in April 2013.

Interview

Initial communications were in person and the interview was scheduled and run through a government agency that sponsored the program. The interview wasn't overly technical but required an explanation of skills and abilities more so than an explanation of the project itself.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the intricate matter in the field of study   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotion was set as it was a government funded program

Assistant Director, Study Abroad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Within 1-2 weeks was contacted for telephone interview with other Assistant/Associate Directors and Director. Position required foreign language proficiency so was asked a few questions in a foreign language. Was then scheduled for face-to-face interview with same group as above, then with VP's, then with other coworkers. After checking in by e-mail a couple of weeks later, I was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Notre Dame?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Notre Dame.

Interview

Super casual over the phone, came into the office in person about a week before I started so I would know my way around if I ended up there. All of the management who interviewed me were polite and upfront

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (South Bend, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Can you physically do the job? Can you pass a drug test? You're hired.They just want to make sure that they are hiring someone who is looking to stay longer than short term. They have a hard time keeping good employees at NDH.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug test? Are you dependable?   1 Answer

Caller Interview

Interview

very easy, just asked basic questions about your ND experience and then how much do you think an alumni should give back to the university after graduating. Over a phone headset

Interview Questions

• What is your notre dame story?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Notre Dame (South Bend, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at a job fair. The process started with a member of the H.R. department, then division supervisor. Both had taken place the same day, in a casual setting. Very smooth and professional.