Notre Dame Interview Questions in Notre Dame, IN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.5

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Interview

I was promoted internally, so the process skipped any possible phone interviews. I took half a day to interview with about 6 people in human resources for about 30 minutes each. The position also required a skills test for Microsoft Office Suite, which was relatively easy if you have basic experience using it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had a difficult experience with a customer, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about how you handle juggling many different projects/tasks at a time?   Answer Question

Senior Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel of Lafortune Student Center management that asked me questions ranging from my experience working as an Event Assistant to how I see my role as helping the entire Notre Dame Community. I basically told them how I plan on adding value to the customer experience by leading others and by making sure everything always runs as smoothly as possible.

Postdoctoral Research Associate In Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal. I had conducted a seminar. I had interviewed with four individuals. Each person went over a brief interview of their research, research objectives, and a discussion about the expectations that I would have as a post-doc.

Interview Questions

• I had questions about which subjects I was willing to teach in addition to my computational modeling experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Director, Study Abroad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Within 1-2 weeks was contacted for telephone interview with other Assistant/Associate Directors and Director. Position required foreign language proficiency so was asked a few questions in a foreign language. Was then scheduled for face-to-face interview with same group as above, then with VP's, then with other coworkers. After checking in by e-mail a couple of weeks later, I was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Notre Dame?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

Met with two interviewers in offices. Was asked questions about my background, previous classes, and skills. Some of the interviewers were more friendly than others. Wore business formal clothing for the interview. Was not asked to have coffee or lunch with anyone as part of the interview. I was shown where I would work if I got the job. Later on after getting the position, I found out that a major reason I was hired was that I was more polite and professional than other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experiences. Explain how you have the ability to work in a variety of different areas.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Before the interviews I was required to take Prove It! tests to show my competency in using MS Word and Excel. The tests were taken over the internet from my home computer. The interviews were in the Behavioral Model so each interviewer asked a set series of questions about past work experiences. I interviewed with the department Chairman, the office manager and two people from Human Resources. They were organized and very professional.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, asked about personality, and how well i work with people. The interview took about 15 minutes. quite simple. i got the job right away and started shortly after the interview. i liked working there i just couldn't make it work with my school schedule.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved talking to the lead manager and mainly getting asked common sensical questions. There were a few behavioral questions involved but nothing too difficult. At the end of the interview I received a tour of the place. Afterwards they had me meet the team members that I would be working with. Later that day, I received a phone call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would respond to a team member doing something that was not allowed.   Answer Question

Student Note Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

The Center's coordinator sent out an email to students taking the course about the available note taker position. The note taker's objective was to compile detailed notes of lectures and discussions for a student with disabilities, who was also taking the course. The notes would be sent to the coordinator every week. I emailed the coordinator about my interest in taking on the job and she offered me the position right away.

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

You must be referred by a professor of the language you hope to tutor in. After that, the professor had me go through a student paper with her as if she were a student being tutored. She made me point out the mistakes, correct pronunciation and grammar. I'm sure she assessed interviewees on friendliness, and ability to provide positive criticism.