Notre Dame Interview Questions in Notre Dame, IN | Glassdoor

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who wanted to see if I was interested in this role, given the fact I'd applied for a similar role within the month prior, but for which I was rejected (likely on the basis of inadequate experience).

The recruiter contacted me about two days before the open writer/editor position's application deadline, so I felt a little pressured to apply in time.

The first interview was via phone with the recruiter, who asked questions about my applicable experience and why I wanted to work for the office in which the role was being filled. He also gave me a rundown of the timeline for the hiring process, which was greatly appreciated.

I was contacted for an in-person interview by the hiring manager within the same week as the phone screening. Once confirmed for the in-person interview, I was asked to preemptively complete a writing exercise and submit it prior to the on-campus interview.

I went to campus for a half-day "marathon interview", during which I completed an editing exercise at 8 a.m., then met with a small group, then a large group, then another small group, and later taken to lunch by the close-knit team with which I would work each day.

It was a nice day, but I feel the 10-person, half-day-long process was a bit unnecessary for such an entry-level role.

I left feeling as though I'd been cross-examined or interrogated, rather than feeling as though I'd had many meaningful conversations about the role.

Unfortunately, this type of grueling hiring process is rampant throughout many institutions of higher education.

No offer yet, but it may take a few days for the team to get through other candidate interviews.

Interview Questions

• In terms of the writing exercise, what did you mean when you wrote [this specific sentence]?

(The exercise was related to articulating the details of a visiting lecturer's research on a complex topic.)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with person being replaced and department head administrative Assistant. 2nd in person interview with assistant dean and director of finance of department. Very formal.

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone interview, then in person and got the job. The process was rather straightforward. The process rolled smoothly from one stage to another, and it was not drawn out.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Interview

I was promoted internally, so the process skipped any possible phone interviews. I took half a day to interview with about 6 people in human resources for about 30 minutes each. The position also required a skills test for Microsoft Office Suite, which was relatively easy if you have basic experience using it.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had a difficult experience with a customer, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about how you handle juggling many different projects/tasks at a time?   Answer Question

Senior Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Panel of Lafortune Student Center management that asked me questions ranging from my experience working as an Event Assistant to how I see my role as helping the entire Notre Dame Community. I basically told them how I plan on adding value to the customer experience by leading others and by making sure everything always runs as smoothly as possible.

Postdoctoral Research Associate In Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal. I had conducted a seminar. I had interviewed with four individuals. Each person went over a brief interview of their research, research objectives, and a discussion about the expectations that I would have as a post-doc.

Interview Questions

• I had questions about which subjects I was willing to teach in addition to my computational modeling experience.   1 Answer

Assistant Director, Study Abroad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Within 1-2 weeks was contacted for telephone interview with other Assistant/Associate Directors and Director. Position required foreign language proficiency so was asked a few questions in a foreign language. Was then scheduled for face-to-face interview with same group as above, then with VP's, then with other coworkers. After checking in by e-mail a couple of weeks later, I was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Notre Dame?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

Met with two interviewers in offices. Was asked questions about my background, previous classes, and skills. Some of the interviewers were more friendly than others. Wore business formal clothing for the interview. Was not asked to have coffee or lunch with anyone as part of the interview. I was shown where I would work if I got the job. Later on after getting the position, I found out that a major reason I was hired was that I was more polite and professional than other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experiences. Explain how you have the ability to work in a variety of different areas.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Before the interviews I was required to take Prove It! tests to show my competency in using MS Word and Excel. The tests were taken over the internet from my home computer. The interviews were in the Behavioral Model so each interviewer asked a set series of questions about past work experiences. I interviewed with the department Chairman, the office manager and two people from Human Resources. They were organized and very professional.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Notre Dame (Notre Dame, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, asked about personality, and how well i work with people. The interview took about 15 minutes. quite simple. i got the job right away and started shortly after the interview. i liked working there i just couldn't make it work with my school schedule.