Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Sales - Industrial Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nova Medical Centers (Texas) Sales - Industrial Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

2.3

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in February 2012.

Interview

I was told very accurately what to expect. I was able to attend a working interview which solidified my view of what will be expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Do you realize that this is a new field for you and that you initially will have to work hard to learn this new sector of sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base pay is solely dependent on your experience as a sales person.
Everyone will be paid the same bonuses.

Other Interview Reviews for Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview's are ALL done via Skype in 2, sometimes 3 parts usually all on the same day(Skype requires a web-cam and microphone for people that don't know much about computers. It's a free download and you can pick a mic up at any dollar store or Wally-World for under 5.00 if you don't like the one in your computer/laptop/tablet or smartphone ) .
     First you have a brief "prep" interview with a recruiter and they set up your 1st "real" interview with the recruiting or HR manager, I can't remember which, and it doesn't matter since this is simply a "formality" in the hiring process of course visually see what you look like and if you dressed nice for the boss interview later on, and also to weed out the computer illiterate folks and/or the mentally incompetent that can't for some reason speak, smile, and answer questions halfway decent. If you don't like daily extensive data input, reports of what you did each day, logging any and all conversations, calls, stop in's, etc etc into they system each day before you leave...this is not for you - I know the salary looks nice...BUT RUN....really if you aren't good on a computer you don't have a prayer of being successful at Nova (if even then)....Anyway....
    If things go well there you will be scheduled for another Skype interview with one of two people who are in charge of the entire sales department company wide and are ultimately the two people that hire and fire ALL salespeople. They key things here that either of them will be eagerly waiting to see and hear is if you are upbeat, positive, and can speak intelligently and with the proper inflection when asked direct questions...remember SMILE and speak clearly....and ladies please fix your hair and makeup as if you going out to the club...guys, SHAVE (you can see a 5:00 shadow on webcam...wear a tie too, no hats obviously!! LASTLY BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - YOU WILL NOT.....NOT....get an offer if you do not specifically do this step......... Its a sales job so you will be ASKING for the business of clients many times a day, therefore THE SALES MANAGER WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR YOU ASK HIM/HER FOR THE JOB......do it after they ask all the questions they have (all easy) and it doesn't have to be anything dramatic...just a simple "Okay so when do I start", or "What time do I need to be there Monday morning" anything similar to that is what they are wanting to hear.
    After the interview is complete you will get a response from the original recruiter that "prepped" you....they will either extend you and offer or they wont (hint: when they give the first offer it will probably be between 45-55k but you want AT LEAST A 50k base plus gas/milage, bonus, and commission...therefore you need to COUNTER 10k more than the offer...at least (I did 18k more and got 5 if that gives you an idea...you probably already know all of this)
    That's it, you physically meet no one until you actually start work....Cheers!

Interview Questions

• What was the big number on your last year's W-2 or 1099 - not a normal interview question but is asked to they can offer you a salary that "matches" what you are accustomed to...this is a double edged sword so be careful what you say. What I mean is my earning the year before this job were literally about a third of what I am used to.....they don't need to know that, so do what you gotta do and keep in mind they will NOT ask for documentation.....at least I never heard of them doing so?!?   Answer Question

Negotiation

explained above in detail

Sales - Industrial Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nova Medical Centers (Texas).

Interview

Call from recruiter, interview with recruiter, interview with Director of Recruiting, Fly out to another established market for ride-a-long, interview with VP Sales or COO, Hired, Fly out to Texas for training