Novantas Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Novantas Associate Interview Questions

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting.

First round: two, thirty minute interviews with alums on campus. Both were half fit, half case. Received a call-back the day after. Recruiting did a great job with organizing travel.

Second round: lunch with other candidates and associates, followed by three, forty minute interviews with high-level employees (Principal through MD). Each interview started with general resume/fit questions and a chance for me to ask questions, followed by a case. The cases corresponded to each interviewer's personal style, so it's possible to get brainteasers, math-involved sizing/pricing, or more qualitative business case scenarios. Received a phone call two days later and a formal offer four days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (Somerville, MA).

Interview

2x 30 minute interviews with a senior consultant & vice president back to back. 10 minutes behavioral, 20 minutes case. Cases were open ended & easy. Assumptions & math were irrelevant they solely care about your thought process.

Interview Questions

• 1. A firm offers internet access on planes. Customer segmentation & pricing.
      2. Should Apple make an airline?
      3. You are the President. You wake up 1 morning and the sun does not rise. What do you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas in October 2016.

Interview

This was a first-round interview. It consisted of 2 back-to-back 30-minute interviews; 1st interview: brainteaser + case; 2nd interview: 10 min. behavioral ("tell me about a time you've faced a problem") + case. The problems were less structured than I thought they would be and it seemed like they just wanted to brainstorm with me more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser was simply a probability problem. First case: should the CEO stop this bus route. Second case: how much would you bid for your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online after my college career fair, I got an on-campus interview offer. I met with a younger associate for the case interview (short small talk questions, longer case, 30 minutes) and a manager for a more informal, behavioral interview with an easier mini-case (30 minutes). The behavioral questions were very basic and mostly involved going through my resume.

Interview Questions

• X hotel is considering building a branch in the Bahamas. Should they do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

On campus recruiting. I submitted my resume online through the university career website, and after about a week or two, I got an interview. 30 mins each with two people. One is totally case, one is totally behavioral.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas.

Interview

Very friendly and open about your approach to problem solving.
    1 case interview and a brainteaser + 1 fit interview.
    The case was relatively straightforward and the overall speed was fast. I think that they're rather forgiving of minor mistakes, but make sure that you voice your overall approach in a very clear and coherent manner so that they would understand what you're doing. Fit interview is pretty straightforward too.

Interview Questions

• An airplane company is thinking about divesting from one of its routes, what should the client do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First round consisted of 2 back to back 30 min on campus interviews. Final round was 3 back to back 45 min interviews at the company office in New York City. They really care more about your thought process with cases, don't really care about arriving at the 'correct' answer. My interviewers were really nice people, and the final round interviews were much more relaxed than the first round.

Interview Questions

• What is 26*26
      Question about two wheels spinning, and how far the car must go so the front wheel has 10x more rotations than the back wheel. Front wheel is 5M in diameter, back wheel is 10M in diameter.
      How much does Starbucks spend on decorations annually?
      How many of Delta airline's passengers are in the air right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Career Services and interviewed both on campus and at the New York City office. The process consisted of two rounds, one on-campus, the other at their office in the City. The first round was two 30 minute, 1:1 interviews, the first of which was brain-teasers and some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why Novantas, etc). The first interviewer, who was a more senior in the company, also had a very open ended case, where all I really had to do was structure the approach to the case. The second one was all behavioral questions and more just an interesting conversation with a younger Associate.

When I was called back for the second round in NYC, the day consisted of 4 hours - the first hour was a lunch and meet and greet with new associates. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews. Those broke down like this - one behavioral+market sizing with a senior associate, one behavioral+quantitative (logic and math problems) with a more senior consultant, and one behavioral + open ended case with one of the partners. Overall, the quantitative interview was probably the most objectively difficult. All in all, the people I met were friendly and intelligent and the process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What if Apple wanted to start an airline, would it be a good idea?
      There are 100 light switches - similar to the lockers question.
      How many ATMs are there in NYC?
      Multiply 26 x 26 in your head.
      A car with two wheels, one 3 ft in diameter, one 5 ft in diameter, the smaller wheel finishes 10 rotations more than the larger, how far did the car go?
      The usual why consulting/why financial services consulting/why Novantas questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Balance of personal questions, case studies and brain teasers. Starting with in person brain teasers and case study as school then an onsite in NYC for more case studies and MD in persons

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Really great on-campus process. Didn't take very long. First round of interviews were much harder than the second. The first round is mostly case interviews that are interviewee directed. The second round is mostly just talking about yourself -- not too bad. You get to meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Interview Questions

• They're big on brain teasers. They ask the one about the 25 horses and the 5 tracks and finding the 3 fastest.   Answer Question