Novantas Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.4

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

submitted resume and cover letter through college career portal
1st round- 2 30 minute interviews on campus: behavioral and case in all interviews
2nd round- in NYC, 3 45 minute interviews: behavioral and case in all interviews, some included brain teasers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas.

Interview

First Round Interview was on campus and it comprised of 30 minute fit which was very conversational and informative and a 30 min case interview followed by a few minutes for questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novantas (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

first round was on campus, two 30 minute interviews. one was with a current associate, who gave a brain teaser and a market sizing case. the other was with a senior level person who asked mostly behavioral questions. received an email the day after about final round interviews

Interview Questions

• why novantas? why [insert university]? how have you used data to drive decisions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying thru my college recruiting network I received an interview about a week later.

The first round consisted of 2 30 minute on-campus interviews: the first was half behavioral/fit and half brainteaser (4 people need to cross a bridge at night, only two can cross at a time, must carry a lantern to cross, they walk at different paces across the bridge 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes 1 minute find the fastest solution) the other interview was less behavioral but had some quick number tests (role a 6 sided die whats your expected value, whats your expected value if you can choose to role again) and a case (due to the recent hurricanes your fresh fruit restaurant has COGS decrease by 20% do you increase or decrease your prices). After a few days I got a call back and scheduled the second round for a week later.

Second Round at the NY office: luncheon with new associates and 3 45 minute interviews. Each interview started with behavioral/fit questions then progressed into a case.

Interview Questions

• How many Delta passengers are in the air over the US right now?   Answer Question
    • You are running the US postal service: make a profit   Answer Question
    • Weston hotels is considering implementing a "green stay" program where if you forgo a night of cleaning services you get a $5 voucher to be used at the hotel or 500 star points that can be redeemed after 10,000 for a $300 night stay. Do you implement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting.

First round: two, thirty minute interviews with alums on campus. Both were half fit, half case. Received a call-back the day after. Recruiting did a great job with organizing travel.

Second round: lunch with other candidates and associates, followed by three, forty minute interviews with high-level employees (Principal through MD). Each interview started with general resume/fit questions and a chance for me to ask questions, followed by a case. The cases corresponded to each interviewer's personal style, so it's possible to get brainteasers, math-involved sizing/pricing, or more qualitative business case scenarios. Received a phone call two days later and a formal offer four days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novantas (Somerville, MA).

Interview

2x 30 minute interviews with a senior consultant & vice president back to back. 10 minutes behavioral, 20 minutes case. Cases were open ended & easy. Assumptions & math were irrelevant they solely care about your thought process.

Interview Questions

• 1. A firm offers internet access on planes. Customer segmentation & pricing.
      2. Should Apple make an airline?
      3. You are the President. You wake up 1 morning and the sun does not rise. What do you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas in October 2016.

Interview

This was a first-round interview. It consisted of 2 back-to-back 30-minute interviews; 1st interview: brainteaser + case; 2nd interview: 10 min. behavioral ("tell me about a time you've faced a problem") + case. The problems were less structured than I thought they would be and it seemed like they just wanted to brainstorm with me more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser was simply a probability problem. First case: should the CEO stop this bus route. Second case: how much would you bid for your favorite restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online after my college career fair, I got an on-campus interview offer. I met with a younger associate for the case interview (short small talk questions, longer case, 30 minutes) and a manager for a more informal, behavioral interview with an easier mini-case (30 minutes). The behavioral questions were very basic and mostly involved going through my resume.

Interview Questions

• X hotel is considering building a branch in the Bahamas. Should they do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

On campus recruiting. I submitted my resume online through the university career website, and after about a week or two, I got an interview. 30 mins each with two people. One is totally case, one is totally behavioral.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novantas.

Interview

Very friendly and open about your approach to problem solving.
    1 case interview and a brainteaser + 1 fit interview.
    The case was relatively straightforward and the overall speed was fast. I think that they're rather forgiving of minor mistakes, but make sure that you voice your overall approach in a very clear and coherent manner so that they would understand what you're doing. Fit interview is pretty straightforward too.

Interview Questions

• An airplane company is thinking about divesting from one of its routes, what should the client do?   Answer Question