Novantas Associate Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

submitted resume and cover letter through college career portal
1st round- 2 30 minute interviews on campus: behavioral and case in all interviews
2nd round- in NYC, 3 45 minute interviews: behavioral and case in all interviews, some included brain teasers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Novantas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying thru my college recruiting network I received an interview about a week later.

The first round consisted of 2 30 minute on-campus interviews: the first was half behavioral/fit and half brainteaser (4 people need to cross a bridge at night, only two can cross at a time, must carry a lantern to cross, they walk at different paces across the bridge 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes 1 minute find the fastest solution) the other interview was less behavioral but had some quick number tests (role a 6 sided die whats your expected value, whats your expected value if you can choose to role again) and a case (due to the recent hurricanes your fresh fruit restaurant has COGS decrease by 20% do you increase or decrease your prices). After a few days I got a call back and scheduled the second round for a week later.

Second Round at the NY office: luncheon with new associates and 3 45 minute interviews. Each interview started with behavioral/fit questions then progressed into a case.

Interview Questions

• How many Delta passengers are in the air over the US right now?   Answer Question
    • You are running the US postal service: make a profit   Answer Question
    • Weston hotels is considering implementing a "green stay" program where if you forgo a night of cleaning services you get a $5 voucher to be used at the hotel or 500 star points that can be redeemed after 10,000 for a $300 night stay. Do you implement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting.

First round: two, thirty minute interviews with alums on campus. Both were half fit, half case. Received a call-back the day after. Recruiting did a great job with organizing travel.

Second round: lunch with other candidates and associates, followed by three, forty minute interviews with high-level employees (Principal through MD). Each interview started with general resume/fit questions and a chance for me to ask questions, followed by a case. The cases corresponded to each interviewer's personal style, so it's possible to get brainteasers, math-involved sizing/pricing, or more qualitative business case scenarios. Received a phone call two days later and a formal offer four days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First round consisted of 2 back to back 30 min on campus interviews. Final round was 3 back to back 45 min interviews at the company office in New York City. They really care more about your thought process with cases, don't really care about arriving at the 'correct' answer. My interviewers were really nice people, and the final round interviews were much more relaxed than the first round.

Interview Questions

• What is 26*26
      Question about two wheels spinning, and how far the car must go so the front wheel has 10x more rotations than the back wheel. Front wheel is 5M in diameter, back wheel is 10M in diameter.
      How much does Starbucks spend on decorations annually?
      How many of Delta airline's passengers are in the air right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Career Services and interviewed both on campus and at the New York City office. The process consisted of two rounds, one on-campus, the other at their office in the City. The first round was two 30 minute, 1:1 interviews, the first of which was brain-teasers and some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, why Novantas, etc). The first interviewer, who was a more senior in the company, also had a very open ended case, where all I really had to do was structure the approach to the case. The second one was all behavioral questions and more just an interesting conversation with a younger Associate.

When I was called back for the second round in NYC, the day consisted of 4 hours - the first hour was a lunch and meet and greet with new associates. This was followed by three 45 minute interviews. Those broke down like this - one behavioral+market sizing with a senior associate, one behavioral+quantitative (logic and math problems) with a more senior consultant, and one behavioral + open ended case with one of the partners. Overall, the quantitative interview was probably the most objectively difficult. All in all, the people I met were friendly and intelligent and the process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What if Apple wanted to start an airline, would it be a good idea?
      There are 100 light switches - similar to the lockers question.
      How many ATMs are there in NYC?
      Multiply 26 x 26 in your head.
      A car with two wheels, one 3 ft in diameter, one 5 ft in diameter, the smaller wheel finishes 10 rotations more than the larger, how far did the car go?
      The usual why consulting/why financial services consulting/why Novantas questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Balance of personal questions, case studies and brain teasers. Starting with in person brain teasers and case study as school then an onsite in NYC for more case studies and MD in persons

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Behavioral phone interview. One case interview on campus, followed by probability questions to test quantitative skills. Fit questions throughout. Superday in New York office, 3 interviews, two cases (one extremely difficult case, one that required a more thoughtful approach but greater flexibility with acceptable answers).

Interview Questions

• How do you see FinTech competing with or affecting the Big Banks long-term?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Really great on-campus process. Didn't take very long. First round of interviews were much harder than the second. The first round is mostly case interviews that are interviewee directed. The second round is mostly just talking about yourself -- not too bad. You get to meet a lot of cool people along the way.

Interview Questions

• They're big on brain teasers. They ask the one about the 25 horses and the 5 tracks and finding the 3 fastest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and received an on campus interview. The on campus interview consisted on two 30min interviews each of which was purely case and logic problems. The first interviewer gave me about 3 quick math/logic problems and the second interviewer gave me 1-2 short questions and one slightly longer case. In the next day or two I heard back that I had received a final round interview for the following Friday. This interview was at their office in NY City and consisted of a behavioral interview, small case/behavioral interview, and short analytic test. We also had lunch with the current associates and one of the principals gave an presentation on the company. Even though I had been told that the on-site interview was the final round, I was contacted about two weeks later for a phone interview at which point I was told that I should hear back about a decision in about a week. However, I didn't hear from them until about 3 weeks had passed and it was just to tell me that they give offers on a rolling bases and would have more information for me by December 1st ( which was 2 months after my on-site interview). I already had another offer that I liked better so I just told them I had accepted an offer elsewhere. Overall, I think it was very rude that they kept brushing me off and extending when they would make a decision by.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic probability or other math/logic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novantas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

1st rounds = two 30 minute interviews with current Lead/Senior Associates -- one session was case-focused, the other was brain teasers and market sizing, each with a short behavioral/experience component
    2nd rounds = lunch in the office, a math test, 2x 45 minutes interviews with MDs -- these were less organized/structured and were up to MDs to determine questions, mostly market sizing and case questions again

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of garbage taken out of central park each night   Answer Question